• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

should have left it along....what a mess (my bag)

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I had the same set of clubs in the bag from 1996 - 2006
>VAS Ti driver, VAS + 3-LW, blade putter from my junior set - life was easy

I start taking a serious look at equipment last year - get fit for a driver, join golf forums, read a bunch of stuff - start "tinkering"

my bag is a complete mess right now (it's also a work in process) so I figured I'd document what a mess it is right now, so I can feel better about myself when I get it "finished" - I even took some pics....

Here's what's in the bag this weekend:
Driver TM r5 n 10.5* Prolaunch Blue 65S cut to 44.25 - blue GP decade grip
4 wood 16.5* stock MAS 2 70 S - cut to 1" shorter than driver GPTV full cord

21* rapture knock-off hybrid - UST Proforce Rv2 75S with GP tour wrap grip

MacGregor m565 3 iron 21*- Rifle Flighted 5.5 with ProT velvet grip

Macgregor m565 3 iron bent to be a 4 iron and cut down - Rifle Flighted 5.5
with ProT velvet grip
macGregor m565 6 iron bent to be a 5 iron and extended - Rifle Flighted 5.5
with ProT velvet grip
MacGregor m565 6 iron - Rifle Flighted 5.5
with ProT velvet grip
TWGT 560mc 7iron - TT Dynamic Gold SL R-300 tipped to firm flex with Silver Diamond 1/2 cord multi-compound grip

Macgregor 1025m 8 iron - Rifle Flighted 6.0 with GP victory JUMBO grip

MacGregor 1025m 9 iron - Rifle Flighted 6.0 another JUMBO grip

MacGregor 1025m PW - 48* - Rifle Flighted 6.0 with GP red decade

XPS Tour knock-off 56* SW - 12* bounce - TT Dynamic Gold S-300 w/ GP tour wrap

TWGT CX Micro 58* - 7* bounce TT Dynamic Gold R-300 tipped to firm w/ silver diamond

Ping G5i B-60 putter -1.5 inches too long, not yet backweighted with stock ping/winn grip

I'm playing TPC Boston tomorrow - hoping to break 100 :)

on a normal day, I wouldn't carry the 12* bounce wedge - I'd carry the 1025c 6 iron but figured the TPC course might have some of that fluffy sand I've read about but never see on my normal courses - think that's wise?

bag.jpg
long clubs.jpg
short irons.jpg
Address.jpg

OP
R

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
- I have some new clubs on the way - the 7,8,9,PW will match soon :) and I'm adding an AW bent to 53 - that will match too :)

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
12* of bounce is perfect for playing out of fluffy sand. Whats up with the paint on the bottom of your R5?

OP
R

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
12* of bounce is perfect for playing out of fluffy sand. Whats up with the paint on the bottom of your R5?

I'm carrying the higher bounce wedge, probably won't be in the sand now - I suppose that's OK

surprised you noticed the paint on the r5....I didn't think the pics were that good - it matches the prolaunch shaft - was inspired by something stupid I read here :)

I was cleaning off some "tee paint" and noticed how bad the black paint fill was in the 5 - figured what the heck - this one's mine...

others have warned about messing with paint because of resale value - but it's an r5 - there's not much there anyway - so why not....

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
I suppose it makes yours truly unique and beauty is in the eye of the beholder etc etc.
What makes me really jealous is the Vsteel.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
seeing those 1025's brings a tear to my eye. I really liked them... oh well, I'm sure whoever bought them hits them better than me ;)

OP
R

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
VT, I'm surprised to hear you can hit mp60's better than the 1025s - I figured they'd be very similar if you're that kind of ball stiker

I really like the way the 1025's frame the ball and love to chip with them, but the rifle 6.0s are too much for me - and I really want to have more Wishon stuff in my bag

the Wishon 560's are forgiving and the reduced offset fits my eye

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.