• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should have used a 9 iron!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I was talking to my g/f about this story and she said that her dad(lives in florida) had a neighbor that had lost several dogs to gators in the lake behind their house...couple of people i have heard of have had gator come in through the doggie door into their house...now that would be one helluva thing to wake up to!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
My sister used to run a pet store & she would get people dropping off some weird animals at times, sometimes she would keep a few of them & some were illegal to own. She had a Nile Monitor named Godzilla, that thing was viscious & would rip large rats to shreds in just a few seconds. She had 2 alligators that were just a little over 2' long, I held one of them & it was pure muscle. It's mouth wasn't taped & I held it on the bottom just behind the jaw & also near the base of the tail. That damn little gator was strong & it was just about all I could do to hold it still while it wiggles & struggled. I can't even imagine how incredibly strong a large gator is.

Lemonhead

Nov 1, 2006
Notice that the attacks (I briefly browsed through the list) were where the person was invading the alligator's territory. They are territorial animals and like all wild animals will attack if they feel threatened. I was simply stating that alligators, in general, are not going to come out the water and drag you back in.

Also, how many swims were taken in Florida lakes? It's like shark attacks - they do happen, but sharks are not out there waiting for people. We aren't their normal food and attacks are generally curiosity bites or mistaken identity bites. Of course, that doesn't help the vicitim any....

It's not like the old Tarzan movies where the crocs are sitting on the bank and the minute a human touches the water then they all rush to eat everyone.

Lemonhead

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Notice that the attacks (I briefly browsed through the list) were where the person was invading the alligator's territory. They are territorial animals and like all wild animals will attack if they feel threatened. I was simply stating that alligators, in general, are not going to come out the water and drag you back in.

Also, how many swims were taken in Florida lakes? It's like shark attacks - they do happen, but sharks are not out there waiting for people. We aren't their normal food and attacks are generally curiosity bites or mistaken identity bites. Of course, that doesn't help the vicitim any....

It's not like the old Tarzan movies where the crocs are sitting on the bank and the minute a human touches the water then they all rush to eat everyone.

Lemonhead
All true, and I wasn't trying to be argumentative. Just pointing out that alligators do attack and kill adults.

🔥 Latest posts