• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should I be worried?

The master

Oct 24, 2004
OK I turned on my computer at about 3pm and whilst it was starting up this message came up

RUNDLL

The specific module couldn't be found.

I recently took kazza of my computer as it is a useless piece of crap that attempts to give you viruses.

What do I do to fix this. Is it anything serious? Is it because I haven't compltely delted it or something.

Sling should know this. Intructions please.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Possible trojan or a simple registry error.

What is the EXACT error message and what operating system are you using?

Did you ever run that adware program I posted about a month or so ago?

OP
T

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
Possible trojan.

What is the EXACT error message and what operating system are you using?

Did you ever run that adware program I posted about a month or so ago?

Yep using a ad-adware 6.0 program, Norton anti-virus windows udate. So I have quite a lot of prtection.

The message says could not uploads file soemthing and other couldn't be bothered restarting the computer will get you it tommorow.

There seems to be no difference on the computer, and I ran all the safety checks, I will look about now to see if I can discover anything thanks.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Follow instructions please.

What is the exact error message and what operating system?

Also, Adware6.0 (aren't they up to 7.0 or something by now?) sux ballz, use the microsoft one....geeze! no wonder you are having problems.

OP
T

The master

Oct 24, 2004
OK i'm being stpid and half asleep here i'm on windows 200 professional is that what system you meant.

And the error message says

RUNDLL

The specific module couldn't be found.

C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx xxxxxx.ADAM\My Documents\xxxxPhotos\2004_1227Image

Then you have to click ok. It is a box that appearsin the middle of the page with a red cricle with a x in it.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
This is most likely a Windows problem with some application that you installed from the Internet. I would guess that you installed it, then un-installed it. And while it went through the motions of un-install, it left some junk behind...

Spyware in other words either update and run adware or run the microsoft spyware proggy I reccommended and see if that fixes the problem.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I strongly recommend SpySweeper.

I had bad problems with Spyware a few months back and used Adaware and a variety of other products that come behind and search for spyware on your hard drive.

I then installed SpySweeper which "stands at the front door" and looks for spyware as it attempts to enter your system.

Not a problem since then.

OP
T

The master

Oct 24, 2004
I will try it bravo.

Slingblade, I just worte down the excact message incase this helps I just made up that one last night.

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\Downloading program file bridege.dll

Does that help?

🔥 Latest posts