• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should I buy.....

ecooke21

Sep 6, 2006
I have a chance to snag a Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 for $150.. its in almost new shape.. includes headcover, divot tool, etc..

I have never tried one out, but I hear great things about them... Is it a no brainer to scoop this up...? I can resell for atleast $150 right?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'd say it's a safe bet you'll get your money back on it. I've tried 2, played them for a month or 2 and resold them for a little profit. They hold their value, I'll give them that.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Unless the deal is going to go away, I would recommend going to your local golf shop and putting with one before pulling the trigger. Unless you have used a similar neck style and know it works for your stroke, you may not be happy with it.

If its a limited time deal, go for it and you can always sell it later.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Be very careful looking at Studio Style Scotty's (the ones with the insert). There are a bunch of fakes out there, know your seller.

Keys to look at:
Heads aren't milled, cast from sweepings on the shop floor.
dots are smaller & paint off color.
Headcovers shaped differently.
Shaft band on the top of the shaft, not the back.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
If you trust the seller and are confident that it is the real deal then I think you should absolutely pull the trigger. The Studio Style is still in the current line-up so if things don't work out you should have no problems getting your 150 back.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I have a chance to snag a Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 for $150.. its in almost new shape.. includes headcover, divot tool, etc..

I have never tried one out, but I hear great things about them... Is it a no brainer to scoop this up...? I can resell for atleast $150 right?

If its real its a deal.LOL!!!!

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I picked one up on a good deal but really didnt do to well with it but its defiantely worth a shot, you definately can make your money back.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Do you guys think a scotty would be worth 125? I'm not sure what model it was but it would clean up good.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
The right one could be worthwhile, the wrong one could be worth an empty Miller Lite can. Fill me in & I'll help you out.:laugh:

Do you guys think a scotty would be worth 125? I'm not sure what model it was but it would clean up good.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

Here's my take. Please keep in mind that I hold a huge bias towards Scotty Camerons as a whole.

Why in gawd's green earth would you buy a putter, no matter what the hell it is, if you've never tried it? Short of resale, it makes ZERO - ZERO - sense.

The putter is undeniably the most valueable club in your bag. Anything else is replaceable.

I would strongly suggest trying one out before you a) realize that Scotty's are just like any other putter besides their artistic merit or b) realize that there are a million other options out there for half the price.

Again, I hate Scotty Cameron's for no other reason than their pricing and attitude that they carry with them (for the most part). I'm only stating from my experiences, so don't flame me because of it.

Actually, flame me. It adds more fuel to the fire about the link between a$$holes and Scotty Cameron putters/$400 headcovers.:laugh:

R35

🔥 Latest posts