• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should I get blades?

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Your hips don't look much more open than his, it's your legs/feet. Compare your knees to his - yours are much more bent. I'd say it's because you are driving down and through rather than powering up and through. Also, your right foot is turned onto the toes already. I think you're losing a lot of power that way but if you're hitting it straight, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I would agree with Tea. Honestly looking at the belt buckle, I think Rory's hips are turned slightly further than yours. The legs give the illusion otherwise though.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
So should I try to keep my feet on the ground while turning my hips all the same?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Amateurs will spend ridiculous amounts of time and money... and worry... trying to mimic some Tour player's swing. They never will, or they would probably be on Tour. And, if they even come close, about that time the Tour pro decided to revamp his swing because he thinks he can build a better one.

The game is not won by picture perfect swings. The game is won by using your God-given talents to get the ball in the hole in the least number of strokes.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Amateurs will spend ridiculous amounts of time and money... and worry... trying to mimic some Tour player's swing. They never will, or they would probably be on Tour. And, if they even come close, about that time the Tour pro decided to revamp his swing because he thinks he can build a better one.

The game is not won by picture perfect swings. The game is won by using your God-given talents to get the ball in the hole in the least number of strokes.
Ah, the wisdom of age. Thanks, limp.

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
So I want a new set of irons, but I want to learn to hit my clubs perfecyly, so I was thinking of getting blades. I don't hit it out of the middle every time, but I want to get a set that forces me to do so, so I get good at striking the ball perfectly. I have ISIK's which are quite forgiving, but What I want to buy are something along the lines of nike VR PRO blades, or Mizuno mp-4's. The other option I am considering is something gallon the lines of the nike vr combo blades, or the mizuno mp-64's, but I really want to perfect my swing, regardless of the short term effects.

If you have to ask about buying blades, you probably shouldn't.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I don't know as though I agree with this. I would bet on a guy that spent 90 hours a week of practice over a guy with 'pure talent' and hasn't hit a golf ball in 3 years.
My choice of words was not good. Here's my point. Trevino, Furyk, etc. have won lots of money with less than "fundamentally sound" swings. I have one of the ugliest, self-taught swings there is. Yet, I've taken my share of pocket change from those who have stellar swings. When I said "God-given talent"... I was referring to using what the Good Lord gives you and, with practice, learning to get the ball in the hole in fewer strokes. To me, it is far better to worry about chipping, putting, hitting fairways than to make sure if someone snaps a photo or shoots a video you look like your PGA hero.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
My choice of words was not good. Here's my point. Trevino, Furyk, etc. have won lots of money with less than "fundamentally sound" swings. I have one of the ugliest, self-taught swings there is. Yet, I've taken my share of pocket change from those who have stellar swings. When I said "God-given talent"... I was referring to using what the Good Lord gives you and, with practice, learning to get the ball in the hole in fewer strokes. To me, it is far better to worry about chipping, putting, hitting fairways than to make sure if someone snaps a photo or shoots a video you look like your PGA hero.
I understood, limp. Those other guys are just young fools.

🔥 Latest posts