• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should I get blades?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
My choice of words was not good. Here's my point. Trevino, Furyk, etc. have won lots of money with less than "fundamentally sound" swings. I have one of the ugliest, self-taught swings there is. Yet, I've taken my share of pocket change from those who have stellar swings. When I said "God-given talent"... I was referring to using what the Good Lord gives you and, with practice, learning to get the ball in the hole in fewer strokes. To me, it is far better to worry about chipping, putting, hitting fairways than to make sure if someone snaps a photo or shoots a video you look like your PGA hero.

Ever wonder what kind of amazing golfers those guys could have been given a fundamentally sound swing? Maybe those 'god given' swings actually held them back from their absolute true peak golf performance?

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Got a super stroke put on my gamer today!! Pics in the morning, I was gonna get the USA Ryder cup one, but they didn't have it, it's the slim 3.0, I absolutely love the damn thing!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Got a super stroke put on my gamer today!! Pics in the morning, I was gonna get the USA Ryder cup one, but they didn't have it, it's the slim 3.0, I absolutely love the damn thing!
I hate super stroke grips, they feel plasticky.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Mine actually feels kind of soft and leathery, like a nice steering wheel.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Mine actually feels kind of soft and leathery, like a nice steering wheel.
Wait'll you get my age. It's always "soft and leathery". Woops! Sorry. You're talking about a putter grip. Nevermind!!! :D

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
I don't know if I ever posted the pics of the super stroke up here.
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1410307354.120183.jpg

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Been trapping the hell out of my irons lately, feels real comfy, play the nine iron just in from the right heel, they go straight, low and long! I saw phill hit his irons like that at deutche bank, and though I would try it out, now I'm in on it too! I love the way I'm hitting the ball! Tons of spin too, I'm not coming in very steep, but the lag is creating a ton of spin, and on one of the greens at my home course, I pulled the string on a Pw, too bad it rolled off the green...

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Been trapping the hell out of my irons lately, feels real comfy, play the nine iron just in from the right heel, they go straight, low and long! I saw phill hit his irons like that at deutche bank, and though I would try it out, now I'm in on it too! I love the way I'm hitting the ball! Tons of spin too, I'm not coming in very steep, but the lag is creating a ton of spin, and on one of the greens at my home course, I pulled the string on a Pw, too bad it rolled off the green...
I play my short irons and wedges back in my stance to. Helps keep the ball low with a boring trajectory and because I'm a digger I create a ton of spin already. I feel like I have way more control playing them that way.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
I play my short irons and wedges back in my stance to. Helps keep the ball low with a boring trajectory and because I'm a digger I create a ton of spin already. I feel like I have way more control playing them that way.
Yes me too! I hit my 4 iron just foreward of center stance, and I have hit all of my iron shot better. My coach wants me to work on taking my swim out side, hold the face open, and hit my 7 from center stance, but I'm hitting my irons the best I ever have in the last three weeks or so. He says this back stance thing is only a temporary fix for a growing problem. But I feel like I can control my shots much better now, even with the surely straight ISIK's!

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
I also can hit the ball a lot longer now. And I'm not a digger, I take up a fairly normal divot, but every shot has felt so pure!

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
I have been playing blades four fifteen + years. I like the control inconsistency but when my games goes or I take a few days off, I struggle to hit them early for a few days. When TaylorMade first released the RocketBallz irons, I purchased the set of cavity backs. As of late I have been playing the RocketBallz one due to the cold temperatures we have here right now I miss her it will hurt. But I have noticed considerable yardage gains with the cavity backs over blades, I think it's mostly due to the design and technology of the rocket ballz irons. But if you're looking to play blades, I have a set of MP 29 im going to rebuild if you're interested hit me up

beeno374

Mar 31, 2013
Cape Town
Country
South Africa South Africa
Picked these up on Saturday and took them for a spin on Sunday at the range...lost all confidence in my golfing ability. Developed a nasty shank.

Attachments

• 1414433043347.jpg
    1414433043347.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 100

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.