• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shout Out to Lyle -- Acer XP905 Pro Irons

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Wow, thanks a million for bringing these irons to my attention! Like so many stock pictures on websites, they don't do the clubhead justice. These things are really nice heads, nevermind they only cost $7 apiece! Outstanding quality, especially for the price. Thumbs up for Hireko Golf. :thumbs up:

Here are a few quick snapshots I took of the 6 iron (ignore the reflection of the dummy with the camera :laugh:). I haven't had a chance to hit them on the course but I have hit some Point 3 balls around the yard and they swing great! I'll post a full review after I've hit them a bit.
100_0291sm.jpg
100_0295sm.jpg
100_0301sm.jpg
100_0304sm.jpg

OP
MGP

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
We'll have to see if I actually bag them for the season or not. :D

I had no intention of hoing up any new irons but I had a set of perfectly good shafts in the shop just sitting there. Well, you know the rest of the story. :laugh:

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I have played 6 rounds with mine now (xp905) and they really perfrom well. For the price you will not find a better deal anywhere.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Looking forward to your review, especially in comparison to the G2

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
I've been reading up on the Acer heads, and i feel for the price and quality that my next set of Irons will be the XP905, the original one's not the the "pro" have you guys heard anything about those ?

OP
MGP

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
They are great heads. Lyle plays the XP905's now and last I heard still loves them. He can probably tell you more about them.

I played my XP905 Pros for the first time yesterday and I was totally impressed with them. I'll be posting a full review later today.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Still digging them? I ordered a set to stick together for kicks.

After playing around with some older clubs I realized I hit little/no offset clubs a helluva lot better than lots of offset, and really like the way they look a lot better. Unfortunately these days with components you almost have to get a bunch of offset to get shovels like I like. Then I remembered you raving about these, and bing - fit the bill like crazy. Good GI features, good price, don't have a head that looks like a big fish hook. Hopefully I'll enjoy them.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
LOL, Lyle has changed irons 3 times since this thread started!

Luhlz, I noticed that - I found one of his threads from May where he said his bag was set for the forseeable future -- I guess he can't see too far into the future.

I think MGP is still bagging them, though.

OP
MGP

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Yup, been playing them since I first wrote the review and don't see changing to anything else anytime soon. I hit them really well and they fit my eye at address better than almost any iron I've hit recently. Seriously thinking about putting the 4 iron back in the bag this year too...

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Yup, been playing them since I first wrote the review and don't see changing to anything else anytime soon. I hit them really well and they fit my eye at address better than almost any iron I've hit recently. Seriously thinking about putting the 4 iron back in the bag this year too...

Cool. I look forward to playing with them. I think I may do the same thing. I went ahead and got 3-P just to be safe. I'm pretty sure the 4 will go back in, and I may ditch the 52 degree so I can also play the 3.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Still playing mine too. Well entrenched into my bag. Really good ball striking feedback---good forgiveness--and they look good at address. A quality product at a great price.

The ho in me wants to see what mojo their new irons have.;)

🔥 Latest posts