• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shuffled the pack, again.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I sold the mighty GEEK DCT to my friend who plays off one. I met hom at the range & just handed him the GEEK and told him not to look at the spec, just hit it. He launched a drive, nice tight little draw about 275 carry. He hit it again same result. He looked at the spec, 12 Degree's :wow: then he looked at the shaft, X-Stiff :wow: He said if I had told him the spec before hitting it there would have been NO WAY he would have wanted it. He's normally a 9.5 stiff man. After a Bucket and a half of monster tight little draws he wouldn't give it me back!

Anyway with my GEEK now gone I was back on the hunt for a driver. I've recently ho'd a Cobra Speed Pro 3 & 5 wood and love them. I called in at Eagle golf and had a hit of the Pro 9.5 stiff. I put a little impact tape on the face and I hit everything solid out of the centre. They don't have a launch monitor so I didn't pull the Trigger. Today I went to County Golf and they had a 10.5 degree with the Speeder, 2nd hand for £149. I went on the Launch monitor and I was hitting 102-107mph club head speed, 152-160 ball speed, Carry was averaging about 255. I always struggle with the launch angle on monitors. I normally hit the ball mid to high on the course but the angle was showing 7-9 degrees. I hit 11 degrees once and that produced my best drive. It was right out of the screws and carried 275 total 298. With the normal 7-9 degrees it was showing 250-260 carry. They gave me £60 trade in for an R5 that I got off the Bay last week for £40 (it was meant for the lad who had the GEEK) so I took the plunge.

I hit the course and played 14 holes with it. I teed it up with the full ball above the face and I hit this thing great!!! I've got a Moto Caddy S3 which has a yardage counter. I hit 3 drives on the 8th hole (straighest flatest hole on front 9) I messured to the middle one and it was 277 yards, all carry because the course is very wet. Looks like the Mizzy will be playing 2nd fiddle for a while now!!!

Dave, I'm off next Wednesday going for a game at St.Annes or S&A if you can make it your more than welcome?

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
You're going to enjoy that Bettinardi, Manchester. They feel so solid.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Lol, for a new driver you could just looked in the van!

WHAT THE **** HAS HAPPENED TO THE MP 600, THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!!! WHERE HAS THIS GONE???!!! In my opinion it was perect for you because you could teak the launch to suit you

Anyway, i hooked that x stiff Purple Ice for toffee, weird shaft

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I'm really looking forward to getting the Bettinardi :)

The MP600 is going nowhere, Still love it. The Shaft in the Cobra felt like I could really rip at the ball and it just wouldn't go left. I normally hate Speeders in Drivers but I'm liking this alot. You'll have a go of the Cobra and you be looking for one yourself ;)

What days you off next week? Going St.Annes or S&A on Wednesday if you fancy a trip out?

🔥 Latest posts