• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sideways

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
I'd posted something about my disappointment with Napolean Dynomite on the golf forum after hearing so much good about and said that all the good things I'd heard about Sideways made me reluctant to watch it. Finally saw it tonight and it is the rarely praised movie that actually lived up to it's hype, especially for a wine conna . . . cauna . . . wino like me. A downer in places, but overall a good flick.

Good to know that sometimes hype doesn't ruin things.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
connoisseur :)

I've been meaning to watch it, maybe I'll get around to it sometime this week. Thanks for the info.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Although I am not a regular movie-goer, I will give it a try.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The main characters best friend (the guy that's engaged) made that movie. Otherwise, it was quite dry.

The whole "wallet" scene was gold....lol.

R35

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i seen it last week was ok movie.have to agree w/ rock about the wallet scene.also the golf scene was good.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I really enjoyed it... good mid-life crisis from a guy's standpoint movie. I love how the main dude spazzes out when the other guy says they will be having merlot with dinner.

I had to have pinot noir with dinner for a week after seeing that movie LOL

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i heard the sales of merlot dropped and the sales of pinot went up after that movie came out.

OP
Bama Duffer

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
Goat, I understand you're right. I don't normally read Wine Spectator -- no, really I don't -- but this month's has an article about it. They prefer to think that the exceptional 2002 Pinot's are the reason for Pinot out-pacing Merlot. But I love one quote from the article:

"Pinot Noir certainly deserves the limelight, althought the thought that Miles (the central figure in Sideways), the depressed, borderline-alcoholic Pinot-freak, is inspiring the masses to try Pinot is a bit unsettling."

I think the movie had something to do with. Wine snobs hate to think they aren't being trendy.

Or should that be WE wine snobs?

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
The golf scene was definatley a classic, as was the wallet part...an overall good movie, well worth the rent.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.