• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sigh, Another day with a hurting wrist

jerryopela

Jun 7, 2005
Roy,
I don't konw if it will help you any, but I too was hitting the ground and behind the ball a lot. My problem was I was standing to close to the ball. Try backing off 1/4 to 1/2 step and see if it helps.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Isn't there really only three ways it'll go straight right?

1. Off the hosel
2. Inside out swing with an open face - aka block/push
3. Aligned that way

Or am I off base here?

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Sums it up, Silver. I was wondering about the chances of hozel rockets myself.

longiron

May 2, 2005
you guys beat me too it. I have found if i stand tall (spin strait) and line about 1/4 of the ball over the toe i hit the ball much better. For whatever reason i was sluped over and was hitting fat and of the hosel. Im not a pro either but i play one on TV:D

smokey

Smokey
Jul 7, 2006
get help

Again, get help from ur local pro or something.

Smokey
Bones mend, scares heal, glory is forever

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Those lessons sound expensive. My Ping pro charges $25 a lesson and he is VERY GOOD. He fixed a problem for me in five minutes yesterday and never charged me. Anyway, watch your head position. It should not move up or down or left or right until after ball contact. No peeking either.

pdlnole

Seminole Pride!
Apr 23, 2006
Amazing.....I live right down the road in Ponce De Leon. We play Bonifay almost every Monday. I usually pratice at Red Bay (Sandy pines) the rest of the time.

Bonifay has a pretty nice course compared to Red bay, but I haven't seen a sign of a driving range or pratice area? Maybe I'm just overlooking them, but it's hard tp pratice a swing on the actualy course while playing. If there's one there, let me know where it is. I like to hit a bucket before I start.

My partner had a problem similar to you. His was a two part problem. First he wasn't gripping the club enough, allowing to face (actually whole club) to rotate at contact, then he also hit the ground behind the ball as well, and "skipping" the club. Caused him to hit it almost perfectly sideways off the toe.

I'm with though, I wish there were some quality teachers closer to home. If you go to Panama or Destin, expect to pay top $$ for lessons. Haven't tried Dothan, nor did I know the club had a teacher. If yo take lessons from the Bonifay guy, let me know how it goes, I may try him if he is good and fairly reasonable.

we should get together some time and play a round. I'm a hacker as well, so it would be a fair game. I play between 90-105 at a given time.

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
I'm definitly no pro either... But my Girlfriend was facing a similar problem last week... Blocking shots way out right, and I've done the same thing blocking shots way out left (I'm a leftie)... Anyways, I've found that starting the downswing with your hips to make sure they are out of the way helps out... I've found starting the downswing with my hips does lots of good things for me when I remember to in-corperate it. PS when are you getting your ping copy's?... I'd like to know what you think of them as I'm pretty interested in picking up a set of clones myself.

Chris

OP
Roy

Roy

Grip it and Rip it
May 29, 2005
Well this thread is big old but here's a update. I couldnt slice a ball to save my life now. I hook the ball now and still fighting the driver. I hit the 3 iron now off the tee further than i have ever hit my driver. I dont know what i did to fix the problem but Hooks are part my game now. I never got a lesson i just hit balls twice a week Me and my brother in law bought a bucket of like 200 balls we hit them twice a week guess that helped me..

🔥 Latest posts