• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Signature problem

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Signature length??? I tried to update my sig, and it won't take. All I get is The error that it can't be more than 1000 characters. It is far fewer than that, and I tried shaving off about half and it still won't save. I counted the characters in the longest line... only 50, and I only have 8 lines, so there is no way I'm over 1000. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Signature length??? I tried to update my sig, and it won't take. All I get is The error that it can't be more than 1000 characters. It is far fewer than that, and I tried shaving off about half and it still won't save. I counted the characters in the longest line... only 50, and I only have 8 lines, so there is no way I'm over 1000. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
I ran into the same thing, and it seems that formatting counts against the allowed character amount. Any smilies count as a bunch of characters. Font color counts against. Italics counts against. Bold counts against.

I could be wrong about this, since there is nothing that tells you how many characters you're using, but I think you'll find that a small simple Arial font, with no smilies, will give you all the characters you need.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I've mentioned this in the past to Bob and it's some limitation that he really doesn't have time for.

And I didn't really care all that much, so I didn't bitch anymore. :D

R35

🔥 Latest posts