• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Signature question

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Every time I try to update my sig, I get the message that it can't be more than 1000 characters. I've altered it so that my sig is MUCH smaller than most of them here, not even close to the limit, yet I still can't save the changes. Getting a bit frustrated with this. :real angry:

Thanks for any assistance.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Hopefully Sling can give you a concrete answer, but I had the same problem, and found that formatting my text somehow "used" characters. Once I changed changed my text to a plain font, and got rid of "smilies" and other image files, the problem went away.

OP
Fourputt

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Hopefully Sling can give you a concrete answer, but I had the same problem, and found that formatting my text somehow "used" characters. Once I changed changed my test to a plain font, and got rid of "smilies" and other image files, the problem went away.

I don't use any formatting at all. No font changes, no smilies.... That's what has me stumped. I can delete half the sig and it still won't let me save it. :shocked:

OP
Fourputt

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
I was wrong... I WAS using a different font.... I didn't realize it. Went to Arial and now it's all good. Thanks. :thumbs up:

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Sorry I missed this.

I upped the limit to 1500 if you want to try a different font.

🔥 Latest posts