• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

SilverUberXeno/Zach's WITB 3/17/2009!!!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Alright gents, here's the lowdown...

Driver:
Bridgestone J33R - 9.5* - Graman 780
Mike1218 turned me on to this and I got a KILLER deal on the setup. Feel wise, it's the best driver I've got. I can't be sure if it's the shaft or the head that feels so sweet at impact, or maybe the combination even. Either way, I'm consistently carrying the ball 250 with a nice trajectory. My only discrepencies are that I haven't figured out a controlled draw with this that I'm comfortable with. I tend to fade it, or snap it left.

Contenders:
Nakashima NP-1 460 - 8.5* - BB Solution 130 X
GEEK DCT - 9* - Accuflex Icon v.2 S

3-Wood:
Geek DCT - 15* - Accuflex Icon S
This may be tentative, but to date it's the best 3W I've hit. It's actually got a taller face than I'd like, but I hit it better than my tour edge CB1 last year. It's currently in the bag as the most reliable performer thus far, but it's got serious competition from a certain newcomer, and the CB1.

Contenders:
Tour Edge Exotics CB1 - 15* - UST Proforce V2 (76g. S)
Wishon 515 GRT - 15* - Aldila VS Proto 85g S

Hybrid(s):
Taylormade Rescue TP - 19* - Accuflex Evolution Hybrid
Nickent 4DX - 23* - Aldila VS Proto 80g S
I know- seeing a 4 hybrid in a bag with blades seems contradictory, but it's all about results here. The rescue TP has been a staple for a long time, and with that 105g shaft, you can give it lemons, and it'll make lemonade. The 4DX just works, plain and simple. I hit my 4 iron well; I hit this better. Misses are better, trajectory is better, feel is better. It's a bit light, but it hasn't mattered yet. It's 200 on command with an effortless swing. But there is competition afoot here as well.

Contenders:
Wishon 321 LI - 21*, 24* - Shaft TBA

Irons:
Wishon 550C/M - 4/5-PW - Project X 6.5
Well, this is it, basically. I love the way these look, and they were MOI matched by some mathematics between Mike1218, myself, and Clugston (who also DID the work. Thanks Jon!). Mostly blades which I would take or leave... I might LIKE to have cavity back through the 7, but oh well. I hit these well, they feel great, and they perform. I would only change if I was convinced that they were not forgiving enough for me.

Contenders:
Nakashima NP-1 - 4/5-PW - FST Pro White
Mizuno MP60 - 4/5-PW - DGS300

Wedges:
SMT Durometer - 51*, 55*, 59* - TT Black Gold
These actually produce a funny smell when I'm washing them, and they're a little offset which doesn't suit my eye. But they perform, now that I flattened out the lie angle (a LOT). From a sidehill lie, 104 yards, I stick the 51* to 3 feet. A beat up old NXT Tour hopped once then spun left slightly just behind the hole. Milled faces and good feel. They're also MOI matched to my irons (Thanks AGAIN Jon!)

Contenders:
Wishon CX Micro - 52, 56, 60 - FST Pro 115

Putter:
Never Compromise Milled #6 - 4* Loft - 33"
This is the best looking putter I've ever seen, period. I LOVE it at address, and last year I got PLENTY of chances to stand over it with my crummy putting. This year, in my first 27 holes, it REALLY performed. I've got the Winn Pistol Jumbo grip on there and a 100g backweight, so she feels VERY stable in my hands. Toe-weighted as well to encourage my open-to-close stroke.

Contenders:
NC Voodoo Daddy - 4* Loft - 33" OR 34" (Yes, I have 2 of them.)

Now that you've gotten this far... The Pictures!
IMG_0250.jpg
IMG_0251.jpg
IMG_0252.jpg
IMG_0253.jpg

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
nice looking setup and i'll say that the other two 3w are for sale the geek is #1. :) Best of all i've had.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Your clubs exude sex. That's obviously what you're smelling when you wash it off the wedges. Didn't I recommend those as well? ;)

The irons are absolutely gorgeous.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
How much of that stuff has spent time in my basement?:dead:

Great list there.

R35

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
The Geek DCT fairways are amazing. I love my 3w and wouldn't change it for all the hype in the world of the the TEE. The TEE had zero improvement for me and the DCT is my go to club off the tee when I second guess myself choices.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
The best looking putter you've ever seen? And all we see is a stupid headcover? Sheesh.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online