• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Simple pleasures...

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
If you really want to get crazy try shaving with cold water! Soak the brush in cold water and shave with cold water. You’d think it would hurt like a midi but I’m telling you, there is nothing more refreshing on a hot and muggy day than a cold shave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cold Shave was the bomb!!! I had a little bit of a hard time getting my shaving soap to lather up really nice, but it was a freebie/sampler and not of the best quality. Still did the job!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Cold Shave was the bomb!!! I had a little bit of a hard time getting my shaving soap to lather up really nice, but it was a freebie/sampler and not of the best quality. Still did the job!!

Glad you liked it! When I first heard about it I thought it was crazy until I tired it!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Glad you liked it! When I first heard about it I thought it was crazy until I tired it!

Thought it was a little crazy for sure, goes against everything I was ever taught or learned in my... oh man... who knows how many years shaving now?!?! Was very nice for a change and learned something new!!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Hey Jim, here’s one for ya... just approx anyway, but how many shaves between blade changes for yourself?? Part of the reason I went the DE route is Gillette cartridges were barely lasting one shave for me anymore. Now I’m getting 5 shaves easy.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Hey Jim, here’s one for ya... just approx anyway, but how many shaves between blade changes for yourself?? Part of the reason I went the DE route is Gillette cartridges were barely lasting one shave for me anymore. Now I’m getting 5 shaves easy.

I shave 6 days a week and generally use a blade a week. I could probably get more if I stretched it but then ice thing about DE shaving is the cost of the blades are so much cheaper compared to cartridges I don’t see the need to stretch and suck it up.

I’ve heard of guys getting 40+ shaves from a single blade, not me I’m not that die hard!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I shave 6 days a week and generally use a blade a week. I could probably get more if I stretched it but then ice thing about DE shaving is the cost of the blades are so much cheaper compared to cartridges I don’t see the need to stretch and suck it up.

I’ve heard of guys getting 40+ shaves from a single blade, not me I’m not that die hard!

I’m at 2-3 shaves a week kind of guy and like I think I said before, I’m not even shaving my entire face!! I keep a groomed bushman look most days... The hair on my neck seems coarser and was the real cartridge killing area every shave. Also the area of most irritation. The DE razor handles the hair with no issues and way less razor burn!! I don’t think I will use a blade for 40 shaves, but blades are so cheap, changing them more often isn’t nearly as annoying!

Last edited:

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I’m at 2-3 shaves a week kind of guy and like I think I said before, I’m not even shaving my entire face!! I keep a groomed bushman look most days... The hair on my neck seems coarser and was the real cartridge killing area every shave. Also the area of most irritation. The DE razor handles the hair with no issues and way less razor burn!! I don’t think I will use a blade for 40 shaves, but blades are so cheap, changing them more often isn’t nearly as annoying!

Neck hair does tend to be coarser. I don’t shave my full face either, I have a beard. I think the last razor purchase I made was like $11 for 100 blades. That will get me almost 2 years! At $.11 a blade I don’t mind changing them more often!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Neck hair does tend to be coarser. I don’t shave my full face either, I have a beard. I think the last razor purchase I made was like $11 for 100 blades. That will get me almost 2 years! At $.11 a blade I don’t mind changing them more often!

Think I paid $10 for a 100 blade tester pack... couple blades each from a few different manufacturers. It just sounded cool and it was $10!!

🔥 Latest posts