• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

simulators

aceillini

Long live "THE CHIEF"
Aug 23, 2006
It is below zero here this week but I am going to a Cleveland Demo Day on saturday.It will be inside at an inside driving range.They also have a simulator that I have scheduled to play 18 in.I believe I'll be playing Pebble Beach.Has anyone play with one of these?Just wondering what to expect.Anyway it should be a hoot.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I play every Wednesday. They're pretty accurate for shot shaping, but i find that the odd time they play long for the irons. Maybe one club. And chipping is a b*tch too, but you get used to it.

For -35 and February, you can't complain. It helps illustrate launch angle and spin with your driver. If you get a chance, hit a few different types of balls, you'll be amazed at how different the spin rates can be on them.

R35

OP
aceillini

aceillini

Long live "THE CHIEF"
Aug 23, 2006
the simulator is accurate enough to get spin speed?I did not know that.I will take a few different balls.I was assuming the putting to be hard to figure out.I havent swung a club since late October.I am getting ansy.

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Putting is easy when you get on the green they give you a letter and then you put your ball on the letter that is printed on the floor and you have to sink the into the hole, quite fun actually, I have noticed that the irons play a little long though.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I play every Wednesday. They're pretty accurate for shot shaping, but i find that the odd time they play long for the irons. Maybe one club. And chipping is a b*tch too, but you get used to it.
I'm beginning to think the sensor they use at my local Sam Sneads is not the best. I really think what it picks up for the shape of the shot is terrible. It reads the predictable draw as a push fade. It actually becomes frustrating and I usually find I have to aim way left, and lose distance because the fact that it reads it as a fade. It was not just me either. Anyone I know that plays there is of the opinion unless you hit a straight ball, it is not real great.

So it may depend on the simulator. Personally I feel I get a more accurate read with the $200 launchpad I have at home. My wife feels the same, and it is actually just as enjoyable when we hook it up to the TV. It sounds like it may work out well pretty soon also. We were planning on getting a little bigger TV (35") for the Living room and putting our current 27" down in the basement. It appears my wife is now maybe interested in a bigger LCD for the golf simulator more than anything else.

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
I like playing in simulators a lot, and do so when ever i get the cahnge durign the winter. The I do agree when people say that the short game on those things leaves much to be desired. Still lots of fun though.

🔥 Latest posts