• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

singapore

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Bravo asked for some info about Singapore, I'll try to do some bullet points as I don't have much time at the moment...

The city centre, the business district, is a modern sktscraper type place - could be any major city anywhere - with a slight Asian tint to it.

The people here work harder than any other race/nationality I've ever met. There is a deep work ethic - work hard to provide for themselves and their families. They are great savers and yet have access to the most modern consumer items you can find - tech savvy with shopping malls full of the latest gadgets from foot massagers to plasma tvs's. there are shopping malls everywhere and they are all busy, busy, busy. the economy is booming.

There is no crime to speak of. And yet the city has a dark underbelly. Much of Asia has a seedy side and Singapore is no exception.

The food here, the street food, is exceptional. You can eat a good quality meal for US$2. Cuisine from all around Asia - Thailand, Malaysia, Korea, China - you name it.

Oh, and it has a great zoo - no cages, no bars - just a few feet of moat separating you from the animals - like the white Tiger image below, taken a couple of weekends ago.

More later, gotta go!
white tiger.JPG

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Cool report. Bring on more...my parents visited about 10 years ago and loved it...

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Thanks for ur comments! More coming in another thread...

🔥 Latest posts