• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Skycaddie Question

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
So, I got an SG2.5 for Christmas from my wife's folks. It is pretty cool, and I can't wait to try it. There is just one problem. The previous owner did not clear it of his info, so when I link it, it comes up with his account. We've tried getting a hold of the guy, and he says he'll call Skycaddie and take care of it. Well, I'm kind of impatience right now, because I'd like to play around with it! Does anyone know how to do an end run around this to clear it out so I can start an account?

OP
Clugnut

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Thanks, GW. I tried that, only to have it go to his account when it DirectConnect's. I think I need his name and password.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Look in the manual, or download one off the site. I would imagine there is a way to do a factory reset.

Don't own one, but can't imagine that is not an option that would work.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Here you go.
SkyGolf

??? not sure if that is a factory reset or not, but I would imagine there is an option if that is not it.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Actually, here you go.

Q: How do I reset the factory settings?
Answer: Turn on your SkyCaddie.
  1. Open any course for play and press Hole #1.
  2. Press "Menu".
  3. Select "Advanced Menu" by scrolling through the menu options.
  4. Select "System Settings" by scrolling through advanced menu options.
  5. Select "Factory".
  6. Select "Yes"

from here
SkyGolf

Good Luck!!!

OP
Clugnut

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Thanks for the responses. Quick update. I tried the factory reset, and that just does the settings. The original owner contacted Skycaddie for us, and they say it will be deactivated within 48 hours. Hopefully, I'll be up and running for my New Years Day round.

Members online

No members online now.