• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Slazenger K1 Speed.

Novice Mike

Jun 21, 2006
Okay i know what your thinking about SLAZENGER but hear me out...

Okay working for JJB Golf department i allways find out the pro's and con's of clubs especially that of the K1 so here's the story.

First of all when we first got it in, as every other club, i tried it, sounded like a bloody cannon when i hit it, so i was thinking yeah this is nice, after the 5th ball SMASH, split the head in 3 places on the crown and a crack on the sole... Maybe not so good after all i thought.
Same day i ring head office to get the verdict about whether to send them back or what, apparently it was a faulty first batch, and i can confirm the 2nd batch dont break, and are brilliant clubs, anyway enough of that and onto the tech side.

The driver to my knowledge is a fairly new concept of driver, with the knife technology, blades on the sole and crown producing an aerodynamic system to reduce drag and turbulence and to maximise speed and power.
This is where the part of advertisment comes in about increased yardage, most people thought to be false, but with the head working like it does, and the ultra-light design of the club i can definatley see a difference when using it.
An added bonus again is the sound, it definatley turns heads down the driving range, it screams when you hit it on the sweet spot.

The ball you receive with the package some also critisise about its performance, i must admit i found the concept of it a bit odd at first but after perfecting it, i realise its a good value ball for the money.
As any golfer knows you get what you pay for when it comes to balls..some you pay £3 for a dozen and they crack by the time your on the green, and £30 for a dozen titleist balls which are a more durable ball.
The Slazenger Bald Eagle ball you receive with the package free, Spin or distance going by players personal prefferance, normally retail at £19.95 per dozen, and i must say they are a very durable ball with good playability which is consistant from drive to putt.

The ball itself has 6 bald patches on, which is where its name originates from. The whole idea of this is so that you can line the arrow on the ball up to the hole facing the bald patch to which the position of impact will be and playing it from there, the ball then wavers side to side keeping itself balanced, not moving more than 1 inch left or right whilst on route to the hole.

The Hybrid, is a very good club which normally retails at £69.
It is a nice feeling club which doesn't hesitate to send the ball over 200 yard's for myself anyway.

In all you get the K1 driver, K1 Hybrid, Bald eagle balls (spin or distance), and a £100 book of vouchers for £169.

This is my first review and im pretty rubbish at setting things out, so i hope you enjoy :)

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
The TV advert is long enough ta. Are you on commission?

It actually looks quite nice but I'm put off by the apparent desperation with which they are trying to sell it. I feel sorry or Sam Torrance because he seems like a really nice chap and it's a really cheesy ad'. And I wonder how many times it took those blokes to hit the green on the 10th at the Belfry (if it was even them that hit it, and how genuine those handicaps are is another question).

I'm a very scheptical and cynical person, you may be genuine, if so sorry mate.

OP
N

Novice Mike

Jun 21, 2006
Im not on commision no :( That such generosity does not exist within JJB sports!!!

Also i have not seen the advert, so i cant comment.

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Novice Mike said:
Im not on commision no :( That such generosity does not exist within JJB sports!!!

Also i have not seen the advert, so i cant comment.

The ad's half an hour long! They really ram it down your throat. The trajectory of all four of the tee shots is ludicrously high and if it wasn't for Sam I'd have quickly dismissed it as a hackers club, instead he gives it some credibility so I watched the whole ad
icon11.gif
, what a sad day that was

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
Why do you need Knife Technology on a driver anyway? Correct me if i`m wrong, but with a driver, I thought the club was supposed to be in the air/ hovering as it hits through the ball.

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Scotty01292 said:
Why do you need Knife Technology on a driver anyway? Correct me if i`m wrong, but with a driver, I thought the club was supposed to be in the air/ hovering as it hits through the ball.

It's to make it more aerodynamic and increase the club head speed (probably by about 0.001%). It's technically what is known as a "gimmick" to lure gullible people in.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
EnglishGolfer said:
It's to make it more aerodynamic and increase the club head speed (probably by about 0.001%). It's technically what is known as a "gimmick" to lure gullible people in.

A "gimmick"? Like the weights on an R7?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Eracer said:

Though the weights are viable and more precise than lead tape.

Personally I've always loved Slazenger, and I'd like to try them out just for the heck of it.

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Eracer said:

LOL, good observation. I wouldn't go near one of them. How many people that have them are good enough to use them AND know what they are doing when they muck about with them?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
EnglishGolfer said:
LOL, good observation. I wouldn't go near one of them. How many people that have them are good enough to use them AND know what they are doing when they muck about with them?

I do, thanks. I'm not cocky, but I spent about 4 hours reading and re-reading to make sure I wasn't putting myself in a bad spot.

Deej

Jul 20, 2006
A fella at the range asked me to hit one of these as he had just bought it and said that he wanted a second opinion on it.

Well i did belt some pretty well, but it was like a bomb when i hit the ball, the noise was just too loud and it would really put me off.

The shaft was very very orange too.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I love the sounds of r series TMs, and wouldnt mind hearing the K1s

OP
N

Novice Mike

Jun 21, 2006
It lets out an ear piercing scream if you hit it nice, makes me flinch allmost every time lol.

Deej

Jul 20, 2006
JEFF4i said:
I love the sounds of r series TMs, and wouldnt mind hearing the K1s

No its totally different, i love the sound of the R7 460 too but these slazengers are in a different league of loudness.

🔥 Latest posts