• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

slice fix

turkey

Reaction score
I made a post about my hybrids slice awhile ago I said I was playing the ball way forward in my stance and aiming 20 yards left to compensate well today got fed up and tried some advice and played the ball way back in my stance
like a 7i

well the slice almost completely went away but i have a question it seems like the farther forward u play it the more time you would have to get the face square so why does playing it back help not going to change just wondering I believe yall were the ones telling me to play it back

Not sure I understood. But I will try. By playing the ball too far forward the club head is already on an arc inside if the target line. If the club face is held square to the target line a glancing blow is delivered imparting "slice" side spin.

Square to the target with the swing plane + square club face = straight.

Not sure I understood. But I will try. By playing the ball too far forward the club head is already on an arc inside if the target line. If the club face is held square to the target line a glancing blow is delivered imparting "slice" side spin.

Square to the target with the swing plane + square club face = straight.

Zaph, you make that sound so easy.

See think of it this way. The farther forward you put a ball in your stance the longer you have to hold the shot off to prevent it from hooking lefter than left. If you watch pros play they always move a ball back in their stance to hit a draw or hook. I do this with my driver, inch forward of standard and we have a cut, inch back of standard and we have a draw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520