• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Slice Proof Driver, yeah right!

SilverBullet

Oct 11, 2005
From The Article:
The theory is the weights "move the club's center of gravity away from the face and toward the heel to provide a higher launch angle and a substantial slice-correcting effect," according to the company.

At the very least, I will hit the ball solid when I hit it off the heel, as I often do.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
The problem with these clubs is that they do not "cure" your slice as much as change the results of a slicing swing. If you hit a slight draw with a highly offset, draw-weighted club, you will be hitting BIGGER slices with the rest of your clubs. Then where are you, as you MAY use a driver 14 times a round and have to rely on that BIGGER slice the majority of the time.

Esher

Jun 25, 2005
bdcrowe said:
The problem with these clubs is that they do not "cure" your slice as much as change the results of a slicing swing. If you hit a slight draw with a highly offset, draw-weighted club, you will be hitting BIGGER slices with the rest of your clubs. Then where are you, as you MAY use a driver 14 times a round and have to rely on that BIGGER slice the majority of the time.

I have tried to make that same arguement regarding drivers with a lot of offset. I usually get replies from people that say I'm making too big of a deal about it. My premise is that a golfer should at least have the desire to learn to hit their clubs correctly.

🔥 Latest posts