• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Slow play

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
That's why they stack the tee times 4 minutes apart and by the 1st par 3 it's a mad traffic jam.

i played a saturday round with my g/f a couple/few weeks ago. waiting at the second hole! was i choked at the oldtimer these courses hire as starters. you know the guys: retired, chit chatting the ladies that come by, has a walkie talkie in his hand. more like a greeter at Walmart!

i almost went back to give him my thoughts, but it was too nice a day.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
On weekends I try to play later in the afternoon when the courses have cleared out quite a bit. During the week typically if I get out by 2:00 then it's all good. Wait until 3:00-3:30 & they can get nice & slow.

Only thing to do to avoid it is play crappy courses that nobody plays.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
On weekends I try to play later in the afternoon when the courses have cleared out quite a bit. During the week typically if I get out by 2:00 then it's all good. Wait until 3:00-3:30 & they can get nice & slow.

Only thing to do to avoid it is play crappy courses that nobody plays.

They all have leauges around here... and they will try to trick you. I've paid for 18 only to come off hole 9 to find 17 foursomes waiting to go off the back and front 9. The sad thing is, I would have made it in plenty of time but for slow players in front of me causing an almost 2 1/2hr. 9holes.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Yet again, after far too much Corona, I awake, look over and see Eracer...thinking to myself...*sigh*...."again?"

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
They all have leauges around here... and they will try to trick you. I've paid for 18 only to come off hole 9 to find 17 foursomes waiting to go off the back and front 9. The sad thing is, I would have made it in plenty of time but for slow players in front of me causing an almost 2 1/2hr. 9holes.

I know it doesn't mean dick, especially to the jokers running the courses and leagues... but according to the USGA Rules of Golf in the Etiquette and general play section, any players playing a full round always have preferential status with regards to playing the back nine, i.e. you technically have the right of way off #10.

I was kinda surprised and happy to read that. Someone asked me that a few rounds ago when some guys cut in front of us on #10 tee. Ultimately they let us play through since one of the other guys in my group got pissed and called the pro shop with his cell phone from #11 tee. :laugh:

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Mmmmmm Whiskey....

I knew Mr. Happy would be in here....his favorite type of thread...Hey buddy!

Oh hey claire....how you doin? Come here often? Nice shoes wanna oh nevermind...

BTW...EPIC THREAD

I pop in when I can. Slammed at work right now, and overwhelmed with kids' sports schedules outside of work.

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
think this is the reason for slow play?

Golf Ball Lands Exactly On The Spot It Took Off From

what am i doing wrong posting a vid or perhaps better how do i post a video?
how do i post liveleak video of "golf ball lands exactly on the spot it took off from"

view

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.