• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Smartphone gps

johnnymo

Jun 18, 2010
So, I just had a phone upgrade and ended up with a samsung jack running windows mobile. I know it's a dead phone os but I might be grabbing a nice blackberry from my brother he does not want anymore.

In the meantime I would love to try out a gps app. I realize that it will not be nearly as nice as a standalone gps unit in terms of battery life or visibility yada yada yada. I just do not have enough expendable income to justify picking up a quality standalone.

Windows mobile does not have much in the way of app authors, especially in the golf gps market and the only one that I could find is app by golflogix. I have tomorrow off so I will be using the free 24 demo that they offer at my local course but I am still curious about anybodies opinions, experiences with the golflogix or any of their competitors.

Thanks in advance.

john

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
A buddy of mine has the Golflogix on his Iphone. It takes a lot of battery to run it for 18 holes. Make sure you are at least 75% when you start. I like it a lot, so much so that I prefer it to my Skycaddie. It gives a ton of info and looks great.

🔥 Latest posts