• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Snake eyes irons

DrBrown

Hack Numero Uno
Sep 2, 2005
I've heard a few pro's mention forged snake eyes irons to me when talking about clubs. As of now I have a set of Maxfli A10 irons with S300's that Maxfli was nice enough to tip to a 3x stiff. Im pretty sure my smooth 95mph swing has no chance to hit them correctly. I looked around and Golfsmith has the snake eyes club heads for ~$30/each. Its still gonna be pricey to build my own clubs if I go that route but well worth it knowing my equipment fits me. And I can always tweak them later if Im not pleased. But my question was if anyone else has played around with these or heard anything from someone else specifically about the snake eyes forged blades. They look like a good club head to me and if two professional golfers think they are good they cant be all bad. Im guessing nobody here has them but it was worth a shot! Any comments would be great. Thanks!

~Dan

Hangfire

Jan 6, 2006
I've heard pretty good things about them. I work with a guy who makes his own clubs and that's all he plays with, irons and woods.

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
I just threw together a full set of Snake Eyes clubs(minus the driver, it's on backorder), with 600C/600B combos for irons and 600W wedges, plus 650TH hybrids. So far i really like them, especially the combination that i put togther, it works well for my swing. FWIW, they are good quality clubs, as well made as any OEM's. However, they are blades. The design isnt much different than Titty 690's or MP-33's or 37's. They're not really forgiving, but thats to be expected. I'm really impressed with the 600C's too. I would definitely recommend throwing some together. I ended up putting them together for around $25 a club including everything, because of the Friends and Family sale, however that doesnt come around again until December. Anyway, they're good clubs, and i would recommend them

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I have built several sets of Golfsmith and Snake Eyes clubs and they are definitely top quality. Golfsmith backs up all its equipment if you ever have a problem and customer service is second to none.

While I have not built a set of the SE600c/b's, yet, I have worked with several of the SE Forged wedges and they have been a pleasure to work with. I really appreciate the hosel weight port built in to most of their club heads so that you can adjust the swingweight of the club without having to go through the weighted powder down the shaft routine for every club. I recently resahfted a set of Wilson Staff Tour Blade FG-17's and that was a pain in the butt having to swingweight every club with tungsten powder down the shaft.

If your not sure, you can always buy just one clubhead (like a 7-iron) and try it out on the range before making the commitment of purchasing the whole set. Additionally, you have the advantage of mixing/matching your set and buying only the club heads you want (like 4-PW for example) and creating a progressive set that transions to blades where you want them to (3, 4, and 5 iron CB 6-PW Blades or whatever you want.) You can alter shaft selection within the set (if you want higher launch in your 3 and 4 iron you can choose a Dynalite Gold versus a Dynamic Gold in the remainder fo your set) or alter flex within a set if you are inbetween flexes with you swing dynamics. Your options are limitless.

Enjoy the search!

🔥 Latest posts