• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Snapped my first shaft today

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
So, I went to the Driving range today, since it's pretty nice out. I was hitting the snot of all my clubs today, and felt like i was in the grove. Pull out my 20* Cobra Baffler take a couple of practice swing and hit 3 balls, than snapped the stock nippon shaft right at the top of the hosel. I really hope that was a isolated incedent since all my hybrids and irons have nippon shafts. Anyways, after I retrieved the head, I had about 15 balls left, and hit 5 straight major slices and totally lost my swing. I just thought i'd share that story.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I saw a snapped shaft once...of course he hit the 8" diameter pole that was holding up hte canapy over the range but hey..he broke the piss outa that club...

rubber314chicken

Thats what she said
Dec 27, 2007
I did the same thing with my dads Wilson driver. I have two wilson woods in my bag that are basically the same club as that driver. Haven't broken either of them, so its most likely an isolaed incident.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I have been witness to many a broken club. As part of my job I find at least 7-10 a year in the trashcans around the course. Some don't even make it that far. On the bright side I made $50 the one year; found a Titty driver snapped in the trash, had a $50 shaft put in it and then sold it to our mechanic for $100. Too bad for the sucker that broke that one!!

🔥 Latest posts