• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Snow shovelling words of wisdom....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
1. If you have a 150 foot driveway, and you think to yourself "I'll just shovel this, it isn't much", just as you walk past the snowblower, kick yourself in the sack.

2. "There isn't much" means 150 feet x 15 feet wide x 5 inches = alot of snow.

3. Don't offer to help your neighbour shovel his driveway as a means of striking up conversation about him trimming some of his overgrown trees next spring. It often ends up with you shovelling another 100 feet x 15 feet x 5 inches.

4. Snowblowers rock. When they run right. Cripes.

5. Snow sucks. I'm moving.

R35

PS.....it isn't even winter yet! ;)

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
From a latitude perspective....we are not all that far apart...I build a swingset for my daughter today, the weather was a balmy 52 (11c). :p

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You can come to my place and build a swingset out of my snowblower.

It wasn't cold today, just lots of snow.

R35

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
man, if i lived up there i would make a killing shoveling driveways, i'd be able to make my dream bag a reality

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
You can come to my place and build a swingset out of my snowblower.

It wasn't cold today, just lots of snow.

R35

I'm glad I will never have to understand the concept of it's not cold but it's snowing. They seem to go together. We did have our first freeze last week, low in the 20s & that feels cold to me. It's suppose to be 70 today, but with more rain.

Don't build a swingset out of the snowblower. Sell it for a ticket south. :)

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hmm....there's gotta be some sap that would buy this P-O-S.

Dave, I like the smell of your giblets. (That phrase has a long story behind it...lol)

R35

The master

Oct 24, 2004
It snows about twice a year here it was snowing about 1 week ago but melted later that day I like it when it snows only because it's twice a year I can uderstand the hassle it must be for you rf35 my brother is just back from canada and said his girlfriends uncle shes canadain had to shovle his drive all last week he said it took him ages.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Hey Rock:

I played yesterday morning and it was kind of chilly - 7C. A bit of wind made the chill about 5...

I am trying out my gear for the Scotland trip....like the Nike rainsuit...but have a new pair of Footjoys that gave me blisters...

Nice winter weather this week for us. Highs between 9 and 14 and sunny. Fairly normal winter days for us..

I am telling ya to come on down and bring the clubs....the bentgrass greens love the cooler weather and once we dry out from the rain - we'll have pretty decent conditions...

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Bravo. (meant in the "well done, Grazo" sense).

If i had the time and the means to get down over the winter i would, but i just don't at the moment. This looks to be another long golfless winter for ol' Rockford35.

Indoor lessons, hey?....hmmm..... ;)

R35

🔥 Latest posts