• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So close to shooting low 40s on 9 this morning...

tailStrike

May 4, 2008
And blew up on the 9th par 5. Pared first two holes, followed by double, 3 bogies (result of 2 3 putts and failure to get up and down), another par, bogie (3 putt), then the evil blow up whole that was basically me using my sand wedge to play "keep-away" with the green.

Shot a 46. If I would have pared the 9th, I would have shot a 41. Hit my driver great. Short game needs some work - had four three-putts and just had trouble getting up and down, although I nearly holed out the 185 yard par 3 on a 20 yard chip. Hit the stick and I had sworn it had gone in (I was below the hole), but it had just bounced out to leave an 18" putt.

Just keeping my confidence up a la "Golf Is Not a Game of Perfect" is doing wonders for my game. That and not thinking a lick about mechanics - just looking a the target then swinging.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Just keeping my confidence up a la "Golf Is Not a Game of Perfect" is doing wonders for my game. That and not thinking a lick about mechanics - just looking a the target then swinging.
This pretty much says it all. Well done.

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
I feel your pain, tailStrike. Last week I walked off of #8 at 34 strokes. All that remained was the par 4 ninth hole. Our #9 is the toughest ranked hole on the course; but I usually can count on nothing higher than a double bogey on it. Well, I shot a nine for a total of 43. I usually shoot better on the back nine; but it was not to be that day. I went on to finish with a rousing 51 on the back nine for an eighteen hole score of 94. The 43 on the front and the 94 total were both new personal bests for me; but not nearly as satisfying as what could have been.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.