• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So going back to Myrtle.....

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
In the airport I checked my email and barefoot sent me (and apparently a lot of other people) an email that you can stay with them for four nights and you tell them how much you want to pay. Seeing how I wanted to go back I talked the wifey into going back just us two.

Now for the part I need help with. She only wants to play there so we don't have to travel much. I remember that someone on this board books travel and golf in MB. Anyone remember who that was? Or anyone know any discounts for the Barefoot courses?

Thanks in advance.

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Call Brian Noblin at the Myrtle Beach Golf Desk 1-800-642-3108. Probably the most proficient, well respected and highly referenced MB booking resource down there. You might also check the site he manages to get trip reports, course conditions, restaurant recommendations, etc.:
www.mytlebeachgolftalk.com.
Good Luck on booking your trip.

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
I think I've decided to drop the Barefoot courses. They offer no discount and the PM rate is only $4 cheaper than prime rate. $105 prime $101 PM.

Looking for other courses on the north end now. Any suggestions?

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Try Pawley's Island. My last two trips I stayed at Pawley's Plantation and one time at True Blue. I've booked directly with the facilities and had them book the courses for me as well as used Brian Noblin at the golf desk (who is unbelieveably helpful). Also, I think the southern courses are, as a group, some of the most superior tracks in Myrtle. Heritage, Caledonia, True Blue and TPC in particular.

Also, you might want to put together a Legends package. Great accomodations. They can put together an itinerary of their courses and outside courses at a very attractive price.

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
When we were down early July we played Pawley's, Caladonia and True Blue. I was trying to stay more north since we're staying at Barefoot. My better half isn't keen on driving 30+ minutes to play at 6:30 AM. I don't know what's wrong with her ;).

sarahwhite

Jul 31, 2009
I just came back from vacation in Myrtle and I have to say I played a lot of golf there! I found one website m-LastMinute.com where I could get discounted tee-time offers including Barefoot courses. What is interesting it seems there are courses from all over the world!

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
I'm not sure how far north it is but when I was down there the nicest course that I played was Glen Dornoch. By no means is it easy, but it is a beautiful golf course that was a nice change from some of the others that we played. It required much more thought then just driver off the tee and iron to green. The last three holes were some of the best that I have ever played. If it is not to far you might consider giving it a try.

🔥 Latest posts