• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So i exchanged my clubs, woo.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Well, i got the bright idea yesterday, out of nowhere to take back my clubs. I had a set of Nike NDS and a Maxfli A10 driver, 3wood, and 4 hybrid. In exchange i came home with a set of Cobra 3100's, and a TM r5 D driver. I also came back 30 dollars richer. I am looking what else i can use in my bag. As of now i have:

Driver: TM r5
5 wood: Some no name from my last set
1 Iron: no name i picked up at a garage sale
4-GW: Cobra 3100
SW: Nancy Lopez 55degree (Mom's)
Putter: Knight, from my old set.

Now, i am looking for a decent putter. I hit the Ody 3ball, and liked the wieght and the smoothness of it. But the $189 price tag is a bit much. I also need some cheap wedges. Anybody have any ideas on possibly knockoffs or whatnot i could pick up? Overall, i am happy with my purchases, however learning to hit a draw baised driver when i can already hit a natural draw was a bit of a challenge. Thanks guys.

dfreeland311

Aug 12, 2006
Crossfire said:
Well, i got the bright idea yesterday, out of nowhere to take back my clubs. I had a set of Nike NDS and a Maxfli A10 driver, 3wood, and 4 hybrid. In exchange i came home with a set of Cobra 3100's, and a TM r5 D driver. I also came back 30 dollars richer. I am looking what else i can use in my bag. As of now i have:

Driver: TM r5
5 wood: Some no name from my last set
1 Iron: no name i picked up at a garage sale
4-GW: Cobra 3100
SW: Nancy Lopez 55degree (Mom's)
Putter: Knight, from my old set.

Now, i am looking for a decent putter. I hit the Ody 3ball, and liked the wieght and the smoothness of it. But the $189 price tag is a bit much. I also need some cheap wedges. Anybody have any ideas on possibly knockoffs or whatnot i could pick up? Overall, i am happy with my purchases, however learning to hit a draw baised driver when i can already hit a natural draw was a bit of a challenge. Thanks guys.

I don't know how cheap you're looking for, but I bought the Adams Tom Watson wedge set that came with a free putter for $70 from RockBottomGolf -) I hit the wedges awesome and the putter is pretty good too.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
If you are looking for a bit higher end putter, try the Ping series as well. If you liked the 3 ball, try all the different variations of the 2 ball.

Hangfire

Jan 6, 2006
Why would you get a draw bias driver if you already have a draw?:faintthud

If you liked the three ball, look on ebay for the two ball putter, you can pick 'em up cheap;-)

OP
Crossfire

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Surprisingly, i like the draw biased driver. I know i completely eliminate the right side, hell i can try to slice the hell out of it, and i still come with a nice fade. Now what do you guys think about say, a pinemeadows knockoff putter? I dont know if it would feel shitty, but for 20 bucks, who cares?

sidvicious

Jul 8, 2005
i'm a fan of the "yes" putters. i have the tracy ii blade style. they're selling like free land, given their retail price of about $140 US.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
freeland was spot on with the Tom Watson's. i've tried Cleveland's and Vokey's and Taylormades, and for some reason always come back to my Adams.

something to look into.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
When I read your post Adams was the first name that came to mind regarding the wedges. They are probably the best of the budget wedges and the free putter offer sounds good.

I use an Odyssey 2-ball - if you can find one on ebay cheap I'd certainly recommend it. But putters are so personal its difficult to advise.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
See everyone is crazy for these expensive putters(100+) and give me one good reason why it matters.

If you have it you have it, if you don't, you don't. Once again the only reason I have a 2-ball was because it was a gift, before that I rarely went over 30 putts(Averaged 28 usually), and used a 20 dollar putter.

🔥 Latest posts