• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So I get a phone call tonight...

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
I found out I won an AR-15! Got a raffle ticket for twenty bucks at a memorial ride for a fallen brother in blue. Only 200 tickets were being sold. I thought at the time I was buying the ticket that the money was just going to the foundation. I NEVER win anything from raffles. Low and behold, a brand new Daniel Defense Inc. rifle. Talk about being stoked!

I have to test it out. I hope someone breaks into my house to try to steal my golf clubs. Ha!

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Wow, congrats! DD makes a beautiful rifle. They have the best forearm in the business, in my book. Have fun and be safe, and enjoy the peace of mine that comes with knowing that when the zombies come, you'll be ready!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
DD rifles are terrible.....

I will give you twice what you paid for the raffle ticket for you to send that POS to me right now!

:D

Wow, a DD....this guy is jealous. We do require pictures of such a fine rifle!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
With all those raffle tickets I've bought over the years I could have just saved the money and bought one. Congrats!!!

OP
nixdad

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
Here it is! I picked it up on Thursday. Pretty damn nice rifle. Now I have to decide whether or not to sell it. Tough decision.

ai202.photobucket.com_albums_aa117_itroop_DDM4.jpg

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
What version is it?

V2? Does it have the fore grip?

How much? If your going to sell it, I would sell it sooner, rather than later. The price on EBR's has just fallen off a cliff. After 1 year of panic buying, and the bubble growing and growing.. It burst about 1-2 months ago. The prices coming down have been incredible.. Needless to say, there are plenty of people out there with middle tier rifles they paid $1200-1400 for, that are selling for $650-750 new, right now.. and in stock.

OP
nixdad

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
The version is the M4 Carbine. It is not the V2. I was expecting to get a vertical grip, but it did not come with one. I didn't come with a magazine either. I just emailed DD about not getting them with the rifle. We'll have to wait and see if they respond and how they reply.

It's such a beautiful rifle that I'm not sure I want to get rid of it. Before I picked it up on Thursday, I had a guy at work offer me $1000 cash for it. I didn't even have the gun yet. Hmmmmm.

I guess time will tell what I am going to do with it.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
DD is having a sale on uppers right now for 499, so the $1000 isn't out of line for a quick cash sale. Fat is right about the black rifle market bubble bursting. No talk of banning them right now. I wish I had the cash to make you an offer! Good luck.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
If he offered $1000, that aint a bad deal..

I have the money in my pocket, and I think I'm gonna head over and get me the M4 V2 with all the MOE parts on it. Has the rails and grip, and will have 3 PMAGS. It's $1250.

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
Hey guys, was looking for an old thread of eclarks in regard to black rifles and found this one. Not sure why, but I'm thinking I want one and was wondering what my best option would be for say around 800 bones max? Have no clue why I want it...probably like the Colt 1911 I bought last year...just because:) Anyway, thoughts and knowledge would be greatly appreciated. It's cold outside, my golf bag is set for next season so must be time to buy a new rifle:)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
M4 V2? Little more information on it there FAT?

I'd be curious for that price.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
M4 V2? Little more information on it there FAT?

I'd be curious for that price.

Jeff, check out the details page on the V2 here

Nix, that is a fantastic rifle!

If you decide to keep the rifle and DD doesn't send you a magazine, PM me your address. I can spare a thirty rounder for ya!

🔥 Latest posts