• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So I got hit in the arm today.

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
School practice round with a pothead that couldn't break 150. For his 7th shot from the fairway on one hole, I was walking across to get out of his way. He sculled it and went 10 yards right, straight into my arm.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
School practice round with a pothead that couldn't break 150. For his 7th shot from the fairway on one hole, I was walking across to get out of his way. He sculled it and went 10 yards right, straight into my arm.

What's he doing out there if he can't break 150?

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
why were you walking while he was hitting? Even if he sucks at the game he has as much right to play as you do.

Arm injured? Feel okay?

OP
EHokie

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
why were you walking while he was hitting? Even if he sucks at the game he has as much right to play as you do.

Arm injured? Feel okay?

I WAS right in his way. I started moving, and he just hit. Could he not have waited 10 more seconds? He cost my foursome at least half an hour for the round.

Arm might be okay. Probably will be a big ass bruise though.

blackxpress

May 12, 2008
Ouch. I got hit in the elbow last fall and it hurt like hell. In my case, I was hitting my 2nd shot in the 6th fairway and a guy shanked his drive off #3. He didn't yell "fore" and I never heard it coming. Could've been worse. A couple of feet higher and he'd have hit me in the head. Yours could've been worse too. Just be glad he skulled the ball. A line driver could've really done some major damage.

BTW: I agree with Mike. Never get in front of the guy that's away. As long as he's away it's his turn to hit. Stay behind him and you'll be a lot safer.

OP
EHokie

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Ouch. I got hit in the elbow last fall and it hurt like hell. In my case, I was hitting my 2nd shot in the 6th fairway and a guy shanked his drive off #3. He didn't yell "fore" and I never heard it coming. Could've been worse. A couple of feet higher and he'd have hit me in the head. Yours could've been worse too. Just be glad he skulled the ball. A line driver could've really done some major damage.

BTW: I agree with Mike. Never get in front of the guy that's away. As long as he's away it's his turn to hit. Stay behind him and you'll be a lot safer.

Needless to say, I didn't stand in front of him for the rest of the round. :biglol:

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
He is away and your in front of him and he is the pothead??? It is that sort of prejudiced name calling that gives stoners a bad name. :)

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Ouch,

Next time bring some Oreo s and a container of milk. Put it near him on 1st tee. Bet he forgets golf and has a feast.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Coulda been worse. I guess you learned a lesson about walking in front of people while they are hitting.

"Smoke weed every day".

bryank

Rastagolfarian
Nov 22, 2006
Yes, not all Potheads are that bad! :prop: ...at least that's what I hear ;)

"Got that Blueberry yum yum and it's that fire" :thumbs up:

Have fun! - B

OP
EHokie

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Oh god. Call 1 888 668 6868 if you want help. Shottalk.com if you want to talk about golf.

Go read the description for "Hacker's Anonymous." "Because there are alot more of us than there are of them. You can tell your horror stories here to sympathetic ears....really."

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Go read the description for "Hacker's Anonymous." "Because there are alot more of us than there are of them. You can tell your horror stories here to sympathetic ears....really."

I'm not stupid nor am I blind. But you pollute the board looking for pity, go to your mom if you want that stuff. There's a lot of helpful guys here, some have which tried to help you out (including me), you just want pity or someone to feel bad for you. You won't get that here.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.