• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So I just bought an IPOD mini.

S

spankdoggie

Anyways, I have a CD player, but I like how light the Ipod mini is. Just picked it up and am currently downloading 1000 songs while the wife sleeps.

Yeah it only holds 1000 songs compared to the big one that holds 5000 songs...

270 bucks with tax added, and out the door.

Here is what gets me... the sound is better than my CD player, and much louder!!! ... and the freaking think weighs the same as a coke can with a couple of sips left in it...

I will use it for my 5 mile runs, and my 20 mile bike rides across the Golden Gate Bridge and back home....

Freakin' amazing the technology these days... :)

The master

Oct 24, 2004
spankdoggie said:
Anyways, I have a CD player, but I like how light the Ipod mini is. Just picked it up and am currently downloading 1000 songs while the wife sleeps.

Yeah it only holds 1000 songs compared to the big one that holds 5000 songs...

270 bucks with tax added, and out the door.

Here is what gets me... the sound is better than my CD player, and much louder!!! ... and the freaking think weighs the same as a coke can with a couple of sips left in it...

I will use it for my 5 mile runs, and my 20 mile bike rides across the Golden Gate Bridge and back home....

Freakin' amazing the technology these days... :)

Sweet I got a mp3 that holds 10000 and I have only downloaded 650 so far, how you downloading 1000 songs you like 1000 songs wow!

I cycle myself in the summer and it will come in great use then.

OP
S

spankdoggie

I hope you are a Lance Armstrong fan. :)

Edited: I have only 200 songs added now, and am quite happy.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I bought one for my daughter and she hardly uses it.

Meanwhile - back at the ranch - I have 17,000 songs in my library on my 120MB USB drive on my desk - and no means of making these portable.

I may have to steal hers....

OP
S

spankdoggie

Bravo, they even sell speakers for the darn thing. 17,000 songs!? wtf?!

You need to get one with the 10,000 song option then get some speakers to play out loud. It is extremely user friendly. I have 800 songs I downloaded on Kazza back when the legality was in question, and I now buy my songs from apple.com

The apple music store even allows you to go to your favorite radio station, and check out all the songs they play, and you can listen and buy them if you like them.

It is like a freaking epiphany up in this household... I downloaded a program that raises the volume up really loud and it is kicking strong like Bodacious. You ever heard of Bodacious?

I saw the show after a golf show on OLN http://rodeo.about.com/b/a/121106.html. Bodacious would break guys jaws on his shoulders...

You got any questions, I can help answer right now, Bravo.

spankdoggie baller with a holler shotcaller

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
spankdoggie said:
Bravo, they even sell speakers for the darn thing. 17,000 songs!? wtf?!

You need to get one with the 10,000 song option then get some speakers to play out loud. It is extremely user friendly. I have 800 songs I downloaded on Kazza back when the legality was in question, and I now buy my songs from apple.com

The apple music store even allows you to go to your favorite radio station, and check out all the songs they play, and you can listen and buy them if you like them.

It is like a freaking epiphany up in this household... I downloaded a program that raises the volume up really loud and it is kicking strong like Bodacious. You ever heard of Bodacious?

I saw the show after a golf show on OLN http://rodeo.about.com/b/a/121106.html. Bodacious would break guys jaws on his shoulders...

You got any questions, I can help answer right now, Bravo.

spankdoggie baller with a holler shotcaller

I am in good shape right now on my collection Spanky. About two weeks ago I ran Ethernet cable to the den and bedroom so that I can access the library on my music systems there.

Its awesome, you can see all of your folders on the TV screen, pick an album and play it. Also streams video programs I have recorded on my laptop from the office.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
You can download any of my big band stuff if the mood strikes you.

I especially recommend sing, sing , sing Benny Goodman at Carnegie hall, 1938 with Gene Krupa.

www.bbcradio.raf662.com

OP
S

spankdoggie

Slingblade61 said:
You can download any of my big band stuff if the mood strikes you.

I especially recommend sing, sing , sing Benny Goodman at Carnegie hall, 1938 with Gene Krupa.

www.bbcradio.raf662.com

Wow! Cool site. I will register when I get a chance but it is too late right now. Benny Goodman was the pimp with a limp, back in the day...

My computer is running very slow right now as it is converting all my Mp3s to AAC format (higher quality sound)... Takes longer per song than ripping a song to a disc...

OP
S

spankdoggie

To be honest, I would get a good CD player at half the price of a shuffle...

A cd player has better sound, so you shouldn't get into the hype with a shuffle... Stick with CD for now... Don't get into the hype...

My $39 CD player sounds better than my IPOD mini, but I am extremely happy with my mini, don't get me wrong...

I am sure in a year or so, I can download a program and it will sound much better...

🔥 Latest posts