• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So, it will be Saints vs Colts this year...

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
After a funny season there is a lot to talk about I think

1st seed of each conference got to the SB. None undefeated but both ended in the final game

I was surprise to see the Jets today. They surely are in the right track for having an awesome team. Just give Sanchez a couple of years, keep the defense from getting too old, and have some reasonable draft pics, and we have a SB contender...

I hate Favre, but I have to say they played 1000 times better than the Saints today. Saint's didn't win, Minnesota lost which is different.

What happened with the Saints receivers today? They didn't catch one pass!!! Some of the pases where perfect and they just slips through their hands....

Last Favre's pass in the NFL? INTERCEPTION. That's the way it deserved to end after this stupid drama from the last few years. It was MISERABLE to have an interception against the Giants in his last game with the Packers an I was so sorry for him that day. But today is a whole new story. He was so ambitions about breaking every record...history will now remember him quite differently than it would have had if he had retired with the Packers....well, in case he retires FINALLY this year....

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
xamilo, that's not fair to the Vikings or even Favre though. Yes, the drama was crap, but that's not how it should end. It was a heartbreaker, for sure.

My dad's been a Vikings fan from the same age I become a Steelers fan, which is mid-single digits, and it's been a long stretch for him. I really wanted this for him, since it was looking like their best chance.

I'm incredibly disappointed, but still very happy for the Saints. I hope they beat the Colts, but their showing today worries me. It was weak. They didn't beat the Vikings, the Vikings beat themselves.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I dont know that you can say Minnesota lost, I mean they did fumble the ball what, like 6 times and lost 2 or 3. Plus the interceptions. I don't think either team played all that great, the Saints definitely didn't look crisp. There were some questionable calls but that's part of the game. You just had to know that the Favre of old would return at some point and toss a few interceptions. It's weird though, i didn't really want either team to lose. I guess I'm glad to see a Saints/Colts super bowl though, Manning looked unstoppable against the Jets. I was very impressed with him, more so than I have been in the past.

I'll make this prediction though, this SB could be a blow out or at least set records for points scored. Neither D is all that great and you have 2 really high powered offenses.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
The Saints didn't play real crisp but still managed to win against a very good defense. I the Superbowl is going to be a great matchup against what I consider 2 very similar teams. If the Saints receivers can actually hang onto the ball & Bree's gets hot, I think they win the game.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
The Vikings couldn't hold onto the ball. It was a tie game even with a turnover ratio HEAVILY favoring the Saints. And Favre, you incompetent old bastard, how dare you throw across your body rolling to the right to the left side of the field? That pass DESERVED to be picked off, and to me that's proof that he IS overrated. Even college QBs know not to do that. The Vikings had a lot of chances to win that game and didn't. Congratulations Saints.

🔥 Latest posts