• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So many infomercials

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
On TGC, there's so many paid advertisments, that some of them just makes me laugh.
The worst is probably the speed shaft. The guy has such a low tone voice, you'd think he's trying to mesmerize you. They really sell some piece of crap, and worst, some people buy it....

Also saw that leaderboard with Appleby and Scott in it...
And the one big circle thingy trying to make you stay on plane...

Imagine yourself going to the driving range, then setting up the leaderboard under your feet, the inside approach, the circle thing, swinging with a medicus and a momentus... And if after that you're still slicing, you'd probably need another apparatus...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Loop, did your Perfect Club ever arrive? How's that working? ;)

R35

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
I wanna get that weighted medicine ball swing trainer thing that Ernie shills. Only like 100 beans for that, I think.

And it's yellow. Why do golf training apparati (apparatuses?) have to be yellow?

I'm going to swing my speed stik. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The swing stik is the only thing I have ever seen that would work with my game. It has potential.

But then again, it could end up as a closet ornament, just like alot of that shit does.

R35

igneous

Mar 24, 2005
Which is the one with the driver that has a sleek shape for faster swing speeds? Is that the speed shaft? That one got soo annoying, with the long drive guy screaming after every drive, it was pretty ridicuous.

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
rockford35 said:
But then again, it could end up as a closet ornament, just like alot of that shit does.

Nah, in my basement, next to the spare tire...
net2.JPG

OP
L

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Are you using that tire to adjust your swing plane?

BTW, nice foosball table :)

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
I hate foosball. ;)

I use the tire instead of an impact bag. Haven't used it in awhile, but I do like slammin' it. Nothing more satisfying than making that bugger jump a coupla feet with a solid impact.

caddyshackgolf

Be The Ball
Feb 22, 2005
igneous said:
Which is the one with the driver that has a sleek shape for faster swing speeds? Is that the speed shaft? That one got soo annoying, with the long drive guy screaming after every drive, it was pretty ridicuous.

Hahaha that one is riduclous its the hammer or something. And there yelling.

"YOU WILL GAIN 30 YARDS"

"IT EXPLODES OFF THE TEE"

igneous

Mar 24, 2005
caddyshackgolf said:
Hahaha that one is riduclous its the hammer or something. And there yelling.

"YOU WILL GAIN 30 YARDS"

"IT EXPLODES OFF THE TEE"
yeah, the shaft is contoured so it supposedly can go faster through the air, which seemed to me like it could very easily move through the wind as you drive, since one side is very flat. The guy talking throughout the infomercial was soo annoying, as well as the guy who can drive very long, even longer when he yells I guess.

🔥 Latest posts