• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

so, Nickent is toast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
rumours having been floating for a while now. latest is that they have been "uninvited" to tour events for not paying salaries. anybody hear/read anything solid on this?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I haven't heard anything myself. I know there was a some thread on WRX a while ago on what companies would go down and I got flamed for saying Nickent. Some guy actually from Nickent started flaming me, lol. So I guess I could say "told you so" if they are.
icon10.gif

I never see anyone playing their stuff. Especially not new.

That avatar still cracks me up btw.
icon10.gif

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
I think on FGI there was a thread on whether they were going component. Apparantly they were taking "feelers" earlier this year. none of their clubs interest me, and I wouldnt be surprised if they tank. They are like TourEdge's ugly half brother.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The value of Nickent has gone from 8.5 million to 180,000 during this recession.

Get them while you can, cuz they are tits up.

R35

OP
N.V.M.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
recession is a factor i'm sure. having said that, i've tried their product, totally unimpressed. straight to craigslist.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I very very rarely see anyone playing Nickent anything at the golf course.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I saw a commercial on tv a few minutes ago. Dick's is running the 3Dx or 4Dx for $39.99 new. Kind of sounds like they might be going under.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
All I have ever tried & owned was that square 3DX driver, what a pos it was. I have heard their hybrids are decent.

TinCupTampa

Feb 17, 2009
The Nickent Arc Blades are pretty sweet clubs... as well is the Evolver.... but, all I heard at the PGA show was that they probably wouldnt be answering their phone come Monday morning.

So... it wouldnt surprise me if its true.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
I had a 4dx Tour Spec head that was pretty sweet. Just couldn't knock the HiBore out of the bag.

kiwi

Kiwi Club Ho
Aug 20, 2005
Looks like Nickent is dumping some inventory, tour issue included if that spins you wheels.

The Club Outlet.

They even have 4DX evolvers with 6/7 shafts going cheap.

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
United States United States
Not True! I have spoken to people close to NICKENT. Also they just re-signed Jeff Quinney. This comes from one of those people I spoke to last night and I have his permission to post it:

"So I spoke with Hoefy just now on his drive home. He was kind enough to pull over to chat. He told me that March was a great month for them. So good that they have decided to go ahead with the complete 5DX line that they were not going to do until next year.

If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know, or you can drop it in their sub forum and that will be answered directly by the company."

Hoefy is the club designer for Nickent. -EDIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts