• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

so, Nickent is toast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Interesting. A few of us here know of a guy who runs another golfing website (unrelated to this one) who is a total Nickent ho. If you question Nickent on his site, you get negative repped & flamed by him. It's a shame Nickent would want anything to do with that guy. Hackers certainly don't find Paradise over there. ;)

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
United States United States
That's funny, I like that site alot.

But then I'm pretty easy to get along with unless, of course, you cross me.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I think you guys are missin' out. This 4DX hybrid I have is auto-frickin-matic.

I tried some hybrid at the golf show by them.. it was square and boxy looking and I hated it. Not to say they don't make quality equipment cause I'm sure they do. Haven't had a chance to hit any of their other stuff.

OP
N.V.M.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
Not True! I have spoken to people close to NICKENT. Also they just re-signed Jeff Quinney. This comes from one of those people I spoke to last night and I have his permission to post it:

"So I spoke with Hoefy just now on his drive home. He was kind enough to pull over to chat. He told me that March was a great month for them. So good that they have decided to go ahead with the complete 5DX line that they were not going to do until next year.

If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know, or you can drop it in their sub forum and that will be answered directly by the company."

Hoefy is the CFO of Nickent.

you do know that that is a political answer? do you remember the Iraqi Information Minister? "I triple guarantee you, there are no American soldiers in Baghdad."

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by LBlack14
Not True! I have spoken to people close to NICKENT. Also they just re-signed Jeff Quinney. This comes from one of those people I spoke to last night and I have his permission to post it:

"So I spoke with Hoefy just now on his drive home. He was kind enough to pull over to chat. He told me that March was a great month for them. So good that they have decided to go ahead with the complete 5DX line that they were not going to do until next year.

If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know, or you can drop it in their sub forum and that will be answered directly by the company."

Hoefy is the CFO of Nickent.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

you do know that that is a political answer? do you remember the Iraqi Information Minister? "I triple guarantee you, there are no American soldiers in Baghdad."

Very much so a political answer. Nobody that's high up in the food chain of a company ever gives a truthful answer.

OP
N.V.M.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
check out this statement from Nickent:

The economic downturn has caused Nickent Golf and many other companies around the world to adjust their business strategies and expenses accordingly therefore the determination has been made that to temporarily dissolve the relationship with the PGA TOUR.

Our success on the PGA TOUR has been remarkable; all product categories were put into play in 2008, 42 worldwide wins over the last four years and 5 staff wins on the Nationwide TOUR in 2008 alone.

We fully expect that players on the PGA TOUR will continue to use Nickent products, without compensation, because of the high quality of our products and because it gives them the best opportunity to win each week.

As things improve, which we fully expect, we expect to return to the PGA TOUR. At Nickent we are confident in our future because the weather is changing and golf season is starting in large parts of the country, we have new exciting products including the 5DX hybrid, and a revamped version of the groundbreaking 4DX Evolver and we have a quality team in place working tirelessly to continue to make Nickent a viable brand in the marketplace.
so they are not paying the tour guys, and they "expect" things to get better? another "non-comment".

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That's huge. Where'd you get the numbers?

B,

Sorry this was so belated.

"March 31, 2009

Equus Total Return, Inc. Announces Fiscal Year 2008 Financial Results
HOUSTON, TX – March 31, 2009 – Equus Total Return, Inc. (NYSE: EQS) (the “Fund” or “Equus”) today reported total net assets of $78.4 million, representing a decrease in net assets of 22% before payment of cash dividends of $2.1 million during the year. Comparative data is summarized below (in thousands, except per share amounts):

For the Quarter Ended

12/31/2008
9/30/2008
6/30/2008
3/31/2008
12/31/2007

Net assets
$78,435
$94,235
$102,976
$103,661
$103,216

Shares outstanding

Net assets per share
$9.16
$11.41
$12.00
$12.20
$12.29

Dividend per share
$0.158
$0.158
$0.158
$0.158
$0.125

NAV DECREASE. The net asset value of the Fund decreased from $103.2 million at December 31, 2007 to $78.4 million at December 31, 2008. Net capital gains of $0.9 million were realized from the sale or disposition of portfolio companies and dividends totaling $5.3 million, or $0.58 per share (in cash or shares, as elected), were declared quarterly during 2008. The Fund paid $2.1 million in cash dividends and issued 587,899 additional shares of stock. The decline in net asset value resulted primarily from the decrease in the estimated fair values of Creekstone Florida Holdings, LLC, Infinia Corporation and Nickent Golf, Inc.

NEW AND FOLLOW-ON INVESTMENTS. The Fund invested $8.1 million in four new portfolio companies and made follow-on investments of $11.3 million in six portfolio companies for a total of $19.4 million in 2008. The new investments made during 2008 included 1848 Capital Partners LLC, London Bridge Entertainment LLC, Metic Group plc and Trulite, Inc.

LIQUIDITY. The Fund held $8.6 million in cash at December 31, 2008, of which $4.2 million has been allocated for follow-on investment commitments. On August 13, 2008, the Fund secured a new revolving line of credit with Amegy Bank of Texas for $7.5 million for follow-on investments.

Kenneth I. Denos, Chief Executive Officer and President, commented, “The private equity industry has endured a particularly difficult year in 2008. However, we believe Equus has stood strong relative to the market generally, as well as the index of private equity funds, due to adherence to our investment philosophy, increased efforts on behalf of the Fund to assist portfolio companies, prudent investment management, and careful maintenance of the Fund’s access to liquidity. Notwithstanding the present macroeconomic circumstances, we believe that Equus is well positioned to grow and progress in 2009 in a manner consistent with the foundation we have established over the past several years.”

Equus Total Return, Inc. is a business development company that trades as a closed-end fund on the New York Stock Exchange, under the symbol "EQS". Additional information on Equus Total Return, Inc. may be obtained from Equus’ website at www.equuscap.com."

Sorry for the shoddy formatting, it was a cut and paste job from their website.

R35

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
check out this statement from Nickent:

We fully expect that players on the PGA TOUR will continue to use Nickent products, without compensation, because of the high quality of our products and because it gives them the best opportunity to win each week.

so they are not paying the tour guys, and they "expect" things to get better? another "non-comment".

Was he drunk when he said that? Words fail me. Time to blow the last post.

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country

You do realize that your reputation precedes you?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
The other thread about Nickent has a link where you can pick their brand new stuff for like a 1/4 of the original price. Looks to me like they are clearing out the warehouse to close the doors.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Gotta agree with MD, doesn't look good for Nickent if they are trying to unload their gear at those prices.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Gotta agree with MD, doesn't look good for Nickent if they are trying to unload their gear at those prices.

Especially on product that was released in March. Yeesh.

Sucks, cuz they had some decent stuff. But I guess that's what happens when you try to battle with the big guys and the economy tanks under you.

Shame.

R35

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts