• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So... pot.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Why not? If a person want to destroy themselves with drugs, let them.
I ain't stopping you from shooting smack between your toes, glark. Knock yourself out. But I doubt the legalization of pot will allow for other drugs to become legal.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Why not? If a person want to destroy themselves with drugs, let them.
Except for a social system that deems it a disease and we all pay for it through treatment programs, unemployment compensation when they are too drugged out to work, broken families where kids are then put into the 'system', etc., etc., etc. We allow alcohol to be publicly available, see spouse and child abuse as a result. We allow alcohol to be publicly available and see lives ended and families devastated by highway crashes. Yet, we for some reason deem pot as unacceptable in the public realm.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I ain't stopping you from shooting smack between your toes, glark. Knock yourself out. But I doubt the legalization of pot will allow for other drugs to become legal.
I agree, however I think that they should be decriminalized. The idea that we send someone to prison for a victim less crime is mind boggling.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Except for a social system that deems it a disease and we all pay for it through treatment programs, unemployment compensation when they are too drugged out to work, broken families where kids are then put into the 'system', etc., etc., etc. We allow alcohol to be publicly available, see spouse and child abuse as a result. We allow alcohol to be publicly available and see lives ended and families devastated by highway crashes. Yet, we for some reason deem pot as unacceptable in the public realm.

People should have the right to destroy themselves. Freedom, it's not always Flags and Eagles. The fact that we as a society have decided to subsidize people's poor choices and behavior is a whole other issue.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country

But why not? Why should people be able to drink alcohol, and smoke weed, but not do meth or coke?

Altering yourself chemically should either be legal, or not. IMO.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Legalizing Pot is an interesting topic with many views.

Something to ponder is drugs and violence go hand in hand.

Legalizing pot is often portrayed as having no negative impacts. However, the guys that grew pot and dealt pot did not all of a sudden go legal and get jobs at a fast food restaurant. The moved on to growing heroin...

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Legalizing Pot is an interesting topic with many views.

Something to ponder is drugs and violence go hand in hand.

Legalizing pot is often portrayed as having no negative impacts. However, the guys that grew pot and dealt pot did not all of a sudden go legal and get jobs at a fast food restaurant. The moved on to growing heroin...
Or are running legit businesses and paying taxes and not running from the cops.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
FWS- The people running pot businesses are businessmen and businesswomen. They are not the guys slinging dope in the hood on street corners.

The guy growing the pot in Mexico did not have the option to open a pot shop.

What you say is true for a small percentage of cases.

🔥 Latest posts