• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So... pot.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
It's the libertarian in me that says: What business is it of mine what someone else is putting in their own body? As long as it's not hurting anybody else why should I care?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
FWS- The people running pot businesses are businessmen and businesswomen. They are not the guys slinging dope in the hood on street corners.

The guy growing the pot in Mexico did not have the option to open a pot shop.

What you say is true for a small percentage of cases.
While I agree with your point, the company I work for is in CO and on several trips to Corporate I've seen what the marijuana industry has done for the state. Booming home development, all available warehouse space purchased or rented, unbelievable tax dollars and a booming economy. Not all of this is because of marijuana but the majority can be attributed to this. It doesn't change the states that it isn't legal in but definitely has changed the economy and legitness in CO.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
While I agree with your point, the company I work for is in CO and on several trips to Corporate I've seen what the marijuana industry has done for the state. Booming home development, all available warehouse space purchased or rented, unbelievable tax dollars and a booming economy. Not all of this is because of marijuana but the majority can be attributed to this. It doesn't change the states that it isn't legal in but definitely has changed the economy and legitness in CO.
I've seen a documentary on something like, it could've even been this place. It was astounding to see how well run and managed these places were. They were staying crime was down, money and tax payments were up. They could hardly pin a single negative point to what they were doing.
I do think a lot of the pot and crime image is driven from politics. But it's slowly gaining a more acceptable traction record for the public.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Lot's of good points.

I still say with pot being legalized, what's next? Maybe not in our lifetime, just in the future.

Cigarettes are addictive and deadly, and they're legal.

Alcohol is addictive and indirectly deadly (more deaths due to the drunk doing something stupid than deaths due to alcohol poisoning) and it's legal.

Coke is addictive and deadly....

Just saying. Not speaking against tobacco or alcohol, btw. Not actually speaking against anything, just bringing up a point.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Lot's of good points.

I still say with pot being legalized, what's next? Maybe not in our lifetime, just in the future.

Cigarettes are addictive and deadly, and they're legal.

Alcohol is addictive and indirectly deadly (more deaths due to the drunk doing something stupid than deaths due to alcohol poisoning) and it's legal.

Coke is addictive and deadly....

Just saying. Not speaking against tobacco or alcohol, btw. Not actually speaking against anything, just bringing up a point.

And the point is, why is Coke, meth, etc illegal. Altering one's own mental state shouldn't be illegal. It, by itself, directly affects nobody else.

🔥 Latest posts