• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So THIS is what Golf in Heaven is like...

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Although I have never played it I have heard that it is just an average course with a wonderful backdrop. My brother has played it twice (the trimmings that go with being a senior partner!!) with clients. He thought it was massively overvalued and that several course in Ireland would kick it's ass.

Having said that not many can hold a candle to it's location and scenery. There is no rough, miss the fairway and the ball is gone....500ft into the ocean below!!

Should my ship come in, I'd probably want to play it, just to say I've been there. Until then I'm happy just to look at the photos. By the way I am at the other extremity of Ireland, the Northern tip, where real men play real courses!!

:)

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Should my ship come in, I'd probably want to play it, just to say I've been there. Until then I'm happy just to look at the photos. By the way I am at the other extremity of Ireland, the Northern tip, where real men play real courses!!

:)

The next time I visit I plan on working my way through some courses in the northwest and then into Northern Ireland. The last time we were there we went kind of touristy. Lahinch was closed for a tournament. We played the Old Course at Ballybunion, one of the parkland courses at Killarney, Waterville, and Galway Bay. Tralee wanted us to arrive a tad too early after copious Guinness consumption, so we passed.

I hope two return the summer after next.

Kevin

🔥 Latest posts