• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So what is John Stewart going to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I mean... Bush is out of office... his buddy Obama is IN office. I used to watch the Daily show... but for the last few years his entire show has consisted of:

-Play clip of Bush
-Sit there with a confused goofy look
-Snide comment
-Play another clip of Bush
-Repeat

I seen like 2 minutes of last nights show while I was at the gym and it got me thinking.... they are going to have to do a serious format change. I'm almost thinking about watching now to see if they'll change things up.... or if they'll just play OLD clips of bush and make comments!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I've wondered the same thing. Most all of the comedians have had a field day make fun of the way Bush would pause and say "uh". Obama says it twice as much as Bush does. But somehow I doubt they will make fun of him? ;)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
We'll just have to see. Look at Washington, you really think there is a shortage of comedic enlightenment with those guys?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
We'll just have to see. Look at Washington, you really think there is a shortage of comedic enlightenment with those guys?
Exactly.

Bush was way too easy for a comedian. Obama will be tougher, but Jon Stewart is a comedian. He will skewer whatever man sits in the oval office. He'll just have to work a bit harder with Obama there.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Exactly.

Bush was way too easy for a comedian. Obama will be tougher, but Jon Stewart is a comedian. He will skewer whatever man sits in the oval office. He'll just have to work a bit harder with Obama there.

Have you not heard how many times he says, Uhhhh, and ummmmmm?

And those ears, :laugh:

There is a plethora of easy material, if they so chose to use it. :emot-ange

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008

The problem isn't lack of material, its that his audience doesn't like anyone saying anything bad about Obama. He actually pokes some fun at that side of the aisle, or used to, when I watched his show... but no one laughed. Now Limbaugh, on the other hand, would be in great shape.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
The problem isn't lack of material, its that his audience doesn't like anyone saying anything bad about Obama. He actually pokes some fun at that side of the aisle, or used to, when I watched his show... but no one laughed. Now Limbaugh, on the other hand, would be in great shape.

Absurd. He is has poked fun of Obama, especially pushing the "messiah" bit. But yeah, the target audience for the Daily Show is...me, actually. I think its 18-35 educated men, which are generally liberal.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
We better not get too far into this discussion. Sling might bring the "No Politics" hammer down.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
We better not get too far into this discussion. Sling might bring the "No Politics" hammer down.

True, which is why I'm trying to stay...neutral and fair. I still am curious how his coverage will change though. Maybe it'll turn into, "The Flava of Love Wit John Stewie."

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
What about ultra lefty wannabe hippie Bill Maher? He lost all his material with Bush leaving office.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
There is always mischief the "other" side is doing, even when your side is in power. There will never be a victorous agenda in this country. It simply swings back and forth, and currently it is swinging the liberal way. The Rush Limbaugh program continues to grow, regardless of the party in power.

Mr. Obama and the current crop of Democrats will do plenty to piss off the more liberal people. Lord know that Mr. Bush and the Repo's did plenty to tick off conservatives in the last 8.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
There is always mischief the "other" side is doing, even when your side is in power. There will never be a victorous agenda in this country. It simply swings back and forth, and currently it is swinging the liberal way. The Rush Limbaugh program continues to grow, regardless of the party in power.

Mr. Obama and the current crop of Democrats will do plenty to piss off the more liberal people. Lord know that Mr. Bush and the Repo's did plenty to tick off conservatives in the last 8.
All true. All too true.

OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
haha oh no no I didn't start this to get a political debate. If anything it's a doo-doo on John Stewart thread! His show has become so... I dunno... bland and one-dimentional over the last few years I just wonder if he's creative enough to actually come up with something funny... or if he'd just start poking fun at Obama(which I doubt).

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
He could revert back to the Craig Kilborn format (which was way funnier)... Or pick on congressmen and Senators... Barney Frank is now the easiest target in DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts