• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Softspikes Black Widow Tour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
So as with anything in golf with the word "Tour" associated in it I had to try these out. They look great and the self adjusting traction seemed to be legit after the first two rounds. I set up the spikes in the "backswing support foundation" that they included in an insert with the cleats. It felt good and I actually could feel a more firm hold during the back swing.

After 5 rounds with the new cleats I'm pretty P.O'd. I started to feel that all of the cleats in the mid foot area (even the ones set to "comfort") were starting to feel really harsh through the shoe. When I finished my latest round I looked more closely and a black spike on several cleats were twisted and basically ready to fall off. I'm assuming that's why they are feeling terrible. The toe and heel area feel fine but the mid foot feels like nails into my feet. I am going to contact SS and see if I can get a new set of a different model sent.
IMG_1693.JPG

IMG_1689.JPG

IMG_1686.JPG
IMG_1686.JPG
IMG_1689.JPG
IMG_1693.JPG

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
A little quick update. I called Softspikes and the rep is going to send me out a new package and she told me to try it on the firm in the middle area of my foot. I'll let you know how it goes.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I don't know about these new ones, but the standard black widow spikes suck. They wear out extremely fast.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Was very interested to see the review, as I am always willing to try something new. Although I have likely seen enough to make a decision.

Will simply say if you have not tried the Champ Stingers, they are the "Cleat to Beat" IMO. I would be about ready to replace them in that condition, and while I have about 4-5 pairs of shoes, they last almost 3/4 to a full golf season. Used to replace the old Black widows 2-3 times a year in each shoe.

Thank for the review and the Pics.

edit 1 - ... and yeah, I still thank Rock for the review on the Champ Stingers a while back, and I was one of the ones that laughed and made fun of him when he wanted to create a "cleat review thread". Am willing to admit when I was really wrong. :)

Specifically when it saved me a ton of dough and aggravation in changing cleats.

edit 1 - Thanks Rock, I owe you a sheep. ;)

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Tour spikes??? I bet if they had a CT on them they'd be OK still.:biglol:

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Are you kidding, I almost painted a CT on them and put them on that other site for sale.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.