• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Solid First Round

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Just got home from playing a decent little nine hole course thats only about 5 years old. Took a good friend of mine out for his first ever time on a course, and we were the ONLY people on the course the entire time. Thankfully...

This course is not very long at just 3000 yards from the whites, slope of only 115, par 36 rated 34.9

1: Wind left to right stiff constant 15mph, so i hit a 4i that the wind took for a good solid ride just into the right rough. 6i somewhat into the wind from 150 pin high, three putt bogey
2: another three putt bogey after hitting the green on a 160yard par 3
3: says 487 par 5 plays so far up hill it plays more like 550, duffed my second, 3rd to 80, hit on and two put bogey.
4: 487 playing downhill but straight into the wind at the top of a hill it was really bad...so i hit a 3i as low as possible and it was still almost 300 out 5w to 100, wedge short of the green(i knew i should have went with a 9i) cihpped on, two putt bogey.
6: hit the green on a 187yard par 3 wind left to right, three putt bogey
7: another three putt bogey...ARGH
8: Here is my pride and joy...its a slight dogleg left, i hit driver right around the bend, but being directly into the wind i came up about 70 yards short on the 350ish par 4, i was in a gully but with a halfway decent lie.....hit my 56º, two hops and disapears! My very first holeout from off the green!!
9: first shot OB, second striped up the middle with about 110 to go, pitching wedge into the wind, leaves me about 10 feet...i sink it for bogey.

Overal, 8 bogeys, and 1 eagle, for a 43. Not bad for the first round of the season...No blow up holes at all(knocks on wood).

What i learned: I SUCK AT PUTTING. that is going to be my main focus this year. Tons of putting and short game.

Oh yeah, thanks for listening to my babble...:)

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
43? I thought you sucked! :D I better watch it in June. I've been chopping it up lately, shot 86 last time out.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
43? I thought you sucked! :D I better watch it in June. I've been chopping it up lately, shot 86 last time out.

I do suck...i just got lucky...

Now, if i figure out how to get rid of my three-putts...then i might have a decent game going...but my then, my irons striking and driving will go to hell and i will be right back to where i started again...:real angry:

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I do suck...i just got lucky...

Now, if i figure out how to get rid of my three-putts...then i might have a decent game going...but my then, my irons striking and driving will go to hell and i will be right back to where i started again...:real angry:

That's the point of the game lol. Beginning of this year, I was hitting greens left and right and couldn't make any putts. Now I can make the putts, but I can't hit any greens.

I shot 44 for my first time out, you're ahead of me so far...

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
I thought I wasn't going because it was 6/13 which is my anniversary. Is it Sat. 6/13, or Sunday, 6/14?

Kevin

🔥 Latest posts

Members online