• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Some help please...

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I've just finished writting a work of children's fiction. It involves two young boys and an old man and the central theme is golf. It's a kind of moden "Greatest Game ever Played" for 11 year old kids.

It's ~9,500 words and will eventually have some simple illustrations / cartoons embedded.

Anyway I need some volunteers to read it and even proof it before I approach any potential publishers.

I published an illustrated book a few years ago. Some of you here even bought it. The proceeds went to Habitat for Humanity (managed to raise about ~$5K) and if this goes ahead the proceeds will be going to the same charity.

PM me with your e-mail if you are interested. Thanks.

IG

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
sic3mdawgs AT gmail DOT com

Send it, I'll read it, and allow my girlfriend to do so as well. She's done with her degree now (YAY!), and she's been known to be a reference for proof reading peoples papers and thesis.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
PM sent.

Please send me the english version...I never learned to speak Irish. :D

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
You can send it to me too if you like. I work in a library, so I may be able to give you some insights. If not, at least i'll enjoy the read.

Mossimoman85ATgmail.com
thanks
Nick

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Hope this all goes well for you IG but I'm not the best at reading so I'll have to wait for the film! :thumbs up:

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I can give you a non-native english speaker point of view if you want :D

I'd want the same English version as MCDavis. My Irish isn't very good either....

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
OK, so did any of you avid readers get a chance to look at this yet? I know a few of you are still in the middle of it, but I'd be delighted to get some feedback on it from anyone else that got a copy.

If you are still interested in getting a draft of this, PM me and I'll send you the latest version. Oh and I'm looking for an illustrator, happy to talk to anyone with contacts.

It's not Tiger's world, but maybe that's a good thing.
Thanks.

IG

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
OK, so did any of you avid readers get a chance to look at this yet? I know a few of you are still in the middle of it, but I'd be delighted to get some feedback on it from anyone else that got a copy.

If you are still interested in getting a draft of this, PM me and I'll send you the latest version. Oh and I'm looking for an illustrator, happy to talk to anyone with contacts.

It's not Tiger's world, but maybe that's a good thing.
Thanks.

IG

Yes yes yes!!! I'm about to finish in half an hour!!!!!! with all the corrections!!!!!

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
You're the Man, Xam! Word up and thanks.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
jbust7 at hotmail dot com

It'd be a privelage if you're still looking for folks.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Mine has somehow disappeared from my inbox. Can you please send it again when you send Jeff's?

mossimoman85ATgmail.com.

Thanks IG

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.