• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Some thoughts from the range

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I hit a couple medium buckets of balls this afternoon. Working a few things. Mainly just balance and a good shoulder turn. Anyway, 5 guys from a local college team show up. I think it's division 2. I watched them a little and then after I was done for a few minutes. Made me realize that they hit bad shots too. TBH if you'd watched strike for strike, I'd have been the best ballstriker for the few minutes we were all there. Of course they were just warming up. I played at Triggs last year with a couple kids from a div 2 school as well. I recall I was driving the ball better, hitting irons just as well but they just got it in the hole in less strokes. I can't wait for the weather to warm up. I really need to work on scoring, the swing is really almost there.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Well, I almost never get to the range anymore, but my most memorable range session was when I was warming up for a Hooter's Tour pro-am. I was quite obviously in the AM part of the pro-am.

Those guys just striped the ball on a beautiful climbing trajectory. And the sound of the club at impact was a THUD.

I wanted to go home. :(

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yeah. These kids are far from pros but still, probably solid 2-4 caps. For me it was the opposite. I was more like, "I can strike the ball easily as well as these guys and no doubt in my mind better than a couple of them.".

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
I see a parallel in basketball...you can be a good shooter, but that doesnt mean you know how to score points (Calbert Cheaney in the NBA)... and vice versa you see mediocre shooters lead the league in scoring (well, Iverson in the past).

Members online