• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Some wisdom needed from you "Pro Hoes"

OP
bryank

bryank

Rastagolfarian
Nov 22, 2006
GReat idea o possibly a re-fit before pulling any trigger.

Though, from what I was shown/told there, it's not really height, it's the length of the arms that dictate added length and lie.

And, I may very possibly be calling it upright lie when it may be flattened.....let me see if I can explain....

With my regular clubs, upon a natural address position, the toe of my clubs were hitting the mat first, and the heel was elevated. He then handed me a few different 6's to address with until I sat naturally with the toe a bit up and the rest pretty flush.

So, I'm calling it 4* upright (though the Fusions are 3*)

Make sense :)

Pullmeister

Dec 6, 2006
You were right, you do need more upright irons. Your wrist to floor measurement must be really high.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Lie angle is determined by your swing, not your setup. If they're measuring your lie angle without putting tape on the sole and having you hit balls, they're not doing it right IMHO.

I'm 6', play std. length but need 2º upright because of my swing. I got fitted on the Griffits system once and was told 4º up, but didn't agree so I didn't go back.

OP
bryank

bryank

Rastagolfarian
Nov 22, 2006
The address thing was for him to explain it to me, by usig a business card to slide under club from different sides.

He had had me hit a bunch with the sole tape, then later the front face impact tape as well.

I am a hair below 38inches wrist to floor.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.