• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Someone trying to grow the Game....

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Been driving by a golf course the past few weeks on my journey to South Dakota. This one happens to be in North Central Kansas. Got curious and pulled up their website. They have an interesting program designed to bring new folks into the game of golf. Thought it was worth a cut & paste.

The first, a non-golfer membership, is designed to get a person or family to try the game of golf for one year. The program works on a buddy system. The member may invite a non-golfer to become a member of Cedar Hills Golf Course for one year with no membership fee. The only requirement is that the person accepting the membership must play a minimum of 10 times during the golf season, and five of those times must be played with the host member. It is the member’s obligation to show the non-golfer the course, rules of the game, etiquette on the course, the basic golf swing and introduce them to other members of the club.

The annual membership for this course is only $470. They also offer a first year membership at half-price... $235. Small rural community probably had trouble getting new members. And, older member die off. At least it is some innovative thinking in an attempt to grow interest in their course.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Washington, Kansas

Pretty typical small rural course. Nothing special. But, in "Nowhere, Kansas" any course is somewhere to enjoy the Game with your friends and neighbors. I haven't been on the course. Driving by on the highway, it looks green and appears to have concrete cart paths. Evidently, a municipally owned course.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Some of those small country courses in the midwest have some great deals. Unfortunately, nothing that affordable around here. Good to see they are thinking of ways to get new members.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
No good deals around here for a membership either, sounds like a great deal and a good way to grow the game.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I like the idea but cringe when I think of a course full of drunken frat boys hacking the shit out of the grass just looking for some free golf.

Wait, that's every scramble I play in... :oops:
Ya ain't gonna find many "drunken frat boys" around Washington, Kansas. Would be more like backwoods rednecks, wearing wife-beater shirts and camo pants, seeing how far they could jump golf carts over tee boxes into the pond.

🔥 Latest posts