• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Something Else I Need Now

Which 56º Wedge should I buy?

• Cleveland CG10

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Cleveland 588

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Titleist Vokey Spin Milled

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mizuno MP T Series

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Mizuno MP R Series

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Forgot the "other" category again.

Apparently the wedge fetish is just getting started......good work Rock, your student is on a fine ho'ing progression. :D

ualtim

No I didn't forget it. I didn't want another category since these are my initial choices and you have to pick one of these for me. :)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I am yet to try the Mizuno Wedges, but out of the other 3 I would go with the 588 Gunmetal.

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
I use both CG 10's (52* & 56*) and Vokey spin milled (60*).

The first thing I noticed is that the CG 10's are heavier than the Vokey's. I prefer the lighter wedge.

The one downside to the Vokey is the glare at address. I bought the oil can finish and the glare is brutal. I am hoping it is just because it is new and that over time, once it starts to wear, the glare will go as well.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I am yet to try the Mizuno Wedges, but out of the other 3 I would go with the 588 Gunmetal.

Get on it. Raw Ox raw are by far the best. The Chrome versions are too hard, IMO. The Black Nickel is nice, but it wears the finish off really quickly (a la 588 gunmetal).

R35

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Get on it. Raw Ox raw are by far the best. The Chrome versions are too hard, IMO. The Black Nickel is nice, but it wears the finish off really quickly (a la 588 gunmetal).

R35
Are they heavier in weight like the Clevelands?? I can't stand lighter wedges, to hard for me to control. I am thinking I may treat myself to some MP60's irons sometime next year, naturally the Raw Ox raw would fit into that persona. Plus the name alone sounds attractive :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Yep, that's what drew me to them - the feel. They feel like an extension of my iron set, not a huge noticeable weight difference. I don't have numbers for weights, but I felt that some of the Vokeys and TP's feel really light. Shafts, headweights and tape aside, they feel great right off the shelf. That says wonders for me.

R35

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I don't have numbers for weights, but I felt that some of the Vokeys and TP's feel really light. Shafts, headweights and tape aside, they feel great right off the shelf. That says wonders for me.

R35
Thanks!!! I'll have to check them out next year. I won't need the numbers, as with the wedges it is all about how they feel in my hands. Up to now I have bought a SW and GW to match my set to have the same feel, as my first LW was to light and unpredictable. When I picked up my LW last year (Ping Tour), I realized you could get the same feel with non-matching wedges if you looked around. I really hated the Vokey's, it was between the Gunmetal and the Ping tour which felt the same, and the Ping visually had less bounce for both 8* models. I think next year I am going to piece together a set of wedges, and maybe pick up some MP60's. The way I am now, I only use a 5-9i and then 4 wedges, so I should be able to get my set and wedges for just a little over what a full set would run.

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
Titleist all the way WBL! The check you get is amazing

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Is this the same WBL who, just last month, swore he would never ho wedges? That all he would ever need is the pitching wedge that came with his set of Pings? That all he ever needed to be happy on the golf course was a 300 yard drive, no matter where it went? That wedgies were for losers?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Get the Titty, man.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Is this the same WBL who, just last month, swore he would never ho wedges? That all he would ever need is the pitching wedge that came with his set of Pings? That all he ever needed to be happy on the golf course was a 300 yard drive, no matter where it went? That wedgies were for losers?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Get the Titty, man.
I think he likes his irons, he ran out of drivers and you can only ho bags so much before you feel like you are wasting money and they are just not as fun. Next he will be looking for a new putter or a set of balls :D :D

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
588 followed by either of the Mizunos, followed by Hogan's followed by Adams.

clint

Aug 17, 2006
I'm relatively new to the game and don't have a lot of experience with different equipment. Having said that, I just ordered a forged KZG 52 and 56 degree. When was ordering them I talked to a guy who told they were the best feeling wedges he's ever used and ,"he's used them all." so take that for what it's worth. I wish I'd waited a couple days to order them because I spent a little over 2 bills and then I found this... http://cgi.ebay.com/KZG-Forged-56-Sand-52-Gap-Wedge-Set_W0QQitemZ270067697587QQihZ017QQcategoryZ115280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Could be worth trying out. At 59 dollars buy it now you can't go wrong.

pitch

Dec 12, 2006
I voted the CG10 but only because you didn't have the Ping I wedge on the list. They're sweet.

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
had Cleveland 588 coppers - went to CG10's - and then back to coppers! they ROCK!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.