• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sometimes you find a Diamond in Golfsmith

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
So I go in to Golfsmith yesterday for no particular reason. First thing I always do is go by the used clubs section because sometimes you find something great like a Speeder 757 in a crappy club for 50-90 bucks. But yesterday I found soemting that solves alot issues. I've been wanting to carry another wedge but didn't know whether to pull my 3 or 5 wood to do it. I thought about getting a TM r7 Steel 4 wood but they look so closed to me. Anyway as I was passing through the fairway wood part of the used clubs I found that diamond I mentioned.

A R7 TP HFS 4 wood in 16 degree!!! :wow:I grabbed it immediately took it home and stuck a Speeder 757 in it. I'll take it to the range in a few days but wow what a score. This particular golfsmith has a tour player or caddy that comes in and sells unusual Taylormade Stuff like 17.5 degree and 15 degree hybrids.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yeah, how much? Hoing minds need to know. :laugh:

The shop I go to sometimes gets stuff like that. Patrick Sheehan apparently gives all his extra clubs to his dad, who can't hit them and trades them in to buy stuff he can. I picked up a 200steel tour 15* last year with the T serial and an Aldila VS Proto 80-X (they'd been out for like 3 weeks) for $59. I sold that club for $150.

OP
cyberious

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
Good question I'll have to try and find the receipt. I bought with a Gift card I had. Didn't care just bought it.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Nice find! Deals certainly can be found on the used club wall.

I spend a lot of face time in the shop as well and talk clubs with the guys while I'm there. This little practice has paid dividends because their used clubs are always way over priced! I just grab one of the managers I know well and ask them to look up how much they have in the club(s) and what they can take. It's amazing how much they can take off sometimes.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Aye, used clubs are the best. At a local shop its nothing to find HiBore XL's with Diamana reds for $129. The best find I had was a Old TI Launcher with a TP-7X for $85. Sold the shaft alone for over $450. I threw the head in the trash can :) I check back weekly to look for other Oziks and hopefully a whiteboard soon.

🔥 Latest posts