• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Songs that make you speed?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
and Jeff, I know your policy of hitting anything that moves (and if it doesn't move you'll push it!) but could you possibly tolerate someone that arrogantly stoopid long enough to hit?

Do you really need to ask that question?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Deadman's Curve
Most anything by Jan & Dean or the Beachboys from the 60's.

-or-

Today, the mere sight of a Toyota grille emblem in my rear view mirrior!! Here's a ditty I posted to a couple friends.... I apologize in advance for the 10 minutes of life wasted reading any further!!:biggrin:

A grueling journey, yesterday, from Pierre, South Dakota to Central Kansas. 10 hours of pure hell!! No snow. No ice. Sunshine and beautiful weather all the way. The pressure... the white knuckles... was seeing the grille emblem of a Toyota in my rearview mirror. Was the Toyota simply sharing the road with me? Or, was it an out-of-control rice burner with the accelerator stuck to the floor? Would that Toyota oval be forever embossed in my Silverado's tailgate??

The first part of my journey began on an Interstate. The posted speed limit was 75 mph. Running 80 mph+, I was not too worred. Even flat out, most rice burners can't run 80. If they are reaching that speed, there's not much more 'in the tank'. So, I didn't feel the intimidatioin during the early part of the trip.

Once on 2-lane roads... and that was the largest portion of the trip... the anxiety intensified. With posted limits of 60 or 65, I could have Toyotas appear in my rearview mirror. Oh! The horror!! The snap decisions that needed made. Do I pass the tractor-trailer on a hill and chance hitting another car head on? Or, do I take the chance the Toyota quickly approaching is out of control and will sandwich me between its front bumper and the 40' trailer I'm following? What to do... What to do!!!!

Only once was I really at a loss as to what decision to make. Back on another stretch of 4-lane, a Tundra went flying by in the passing lane. Usually, my Silverado is NOT going to be out run by a lowly Tundra. Now, do I show up this rice burner? Or, do I hold back? If it is a Tundra with the accelerator stuck to the floor, I sure don't want to be the first on the scene of the accident. Usually, the first there is the one involved. I'd just as soon be 3rd or 4th to arrive.

My driveway, at home, was a welcome site. This morning, my Silverado is resting peacefully in the safety of my drive. She suffered the intensity of yesterday's drive and, as usual, brought me home safe and sound. She will be safely parked in the drive until we have to return to the road on Monday. WAIT!!! Oh NO!!! I hear the neighbor across the street starting her car! It's a Camry!!! My Silverado... my prized possession... is not even safe in my owe driveway! A Toyota is being fired up in our own cul-de-sac! Is no place safe?? Is there no justice?? My heat is pounding... my blood pressure rising... sweat is running down my brow as I peer out the front door and watch the neighbor back her Camry towards my drive. Will she be able to steer it? Will she be able to keep it under control?? My Gawd!!!! Will the neighbor's Camry and my Silverado be on the front page of tomorrow's paper???

Well, this time we lucked out. The neighbor pulled away and headed towards the main throroughfare. There's not room in my garage for my Silverado. If I pull her around to the back yard, the City Code folks will cite me for illegally parking the truck. If I leave her out front, she is a sitting duck for the next out-of-control Toyota!! Decisions... decisions!!!

Wish me luck!!!!!

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
I'll bite on the FreeBird. At least for the last 6 minutes haha.

Maybe some Disturbed. 10,000 Fists in the Air.

20 PAT's

Jun 21, 2009
Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins. Its gotten me a ticket and a bunch of trouble with a flight instructor. :faintthud: Bet ya never saw a glider do an Immelman and then dive on another glider like it was attacking! The CFI (Chief Flight Instructor) hadn't seen it either. Grounded for 2 weeks because of that one... :1898_:
I was hoping someone else had said that one
Also, Desire by U2

bryguy

May 15, 2008
Most heavy metal. Judas Priest is one of the top, hence that CD no longer resides in my truck.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Anything by Barry Manilow....

...makes me want to run headfirst into a bridge pillar at warp speed!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.