• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

soo much to choose from..I'm clueless

Jun 24, 2006
Lately I have been looking around for what kind of driver, 3 wood and perhaps maybe even..3 hybrid I might like to "ho". I cant even come up with anything that stands out to my eye. Everything looks so nice. I'm going to have to demo A LOT of clubs. I might go into the city during March break for the sole purpose of going to all the golf shops. That might be an expensive day . There is so much I want.

-Wilson Staff Club pro staff bag
-Driver
-3 wood
-grips
-A nice wide selection of balls ( wanna find THAT ONE ball that I LOVE)
-Might upgrade my wedges to Wilson Staff Tw7's but we have already discussed that situation.
-White golf shoes.
-3 Hybrid?..
-Thousands of Zero Friction tees. :)D)

From all of that the only thing I'm sure of what I want is the bag, grips, and if I do change the wedges.

The Nike SQ Tour 460 looks like a good combo of driver and 3 wood, I'll look into that. Callaway is looking good though. Wilson Staff has some new goodies coming, not sure if they have a 3 wood to go with the Dd6+.

For balls, the last day I worked in the pro shop before we closed for the winter I remember there were about 4 sleeves of Precept U TRI - TOUR balls under the glass counter. Might be more in the back room to I’m not sure. I'm going to try those and if I can find some Precept XP3's when I go to golftown.

Haven’t a clue about what hybrid. Maybe a Nickent or Admas.

I kinda wanna keep my bag with the Wilson Staff them.

Since it’s March..and my course opens in April, I’m gosh darn excited and desperately need to ho something.

So..basically, the only thing I KNOW I’m going to keep in my bag for this season are the Pi5’s and the 2 Bar Mallet.

Oh..and once I find the heads I want for the driver and 3 wood, I have to find a shaft that fits me. As of now I’m playing the stock POS r5 shaft.

SO..im preparing myself for a long.. expensive day of hoing.

equipmentjunkie

Feb 11, 2007
that sounds like my kind of day......should be fun. I had a SQ tour and didn't like it very much. Hibore with 757 is where it's at. Good Luck!

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
Just made a list via golf town website.

DRIVERS-

SQ 460 tour - $248
Callaway FT-3- $328
Cleveland Hi-bore-$250

3 WOOD-

SQ- $190
Callaway X tour- $250
Cleveland Launcher comp- $170

HYBRIDS-

Adams idea Pro- $199
Ben Hogan CFT-$98
Cally X hybrid- $170
Nickent 3DX ironwood-$98!??
Taylormade rescue Mid-$148
Wilson Staff Dh6-$139- Steel-$99

These prices will vary depending on if I go to golf town, or golf central.

I bolded what im leaning towards.

Of course any comments/recommendations are appreciated.

Is there a square face model of the origional Hi-bore?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Well, I'm never one to keep my mouth shut so I'll offer this.

Even though the shot talkers don't like the "looks" of the SQ 460, it is one of the best deals going. sssmokin bought one last summer and just hit the snot out of it, quite frequently hit 300 yards with it. Very lively face and get the right shaft in it it's a winner.

3-Wood SQ for same reasons above...

Hybrid, Nickent all the way, especially at that price. It's a sweet feeling club.

Don't forget those Zero Friction tees! And grips I'd go with the GP New Decade all the way.

Balls, everyone's raving about the TopFlite D-2 "control" ball in the green box.

Can't go wrong!! :laugh:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Recommendations? Buy used and save for college. Those prices are nuts. Ssmokin just bought a Sasquatch for $103 from Global Golf.

Test some of those out or something. My year long hoing marathon has ended in the inevitable realization that "tour" drivers will not lower my scores. Coming off an R5dual type D you will be in for a rude awaking with real "player" geared head, I call them Mishits.
icon10.gif

BTW- Does the lefty type D hit fades?
icon12.gif

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ya, I can get better deals than those.

PM me for details on some smokin' hybrid deals...

R35

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
the nickent 3dx hybrid is actually 59 bucks with the steel shaft at golf town.
try to find a used 425, im sure youd hit that well. the launcher fw wood is solid as is the vsteel. both are very well priced.

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
also, when buying a hybrid DO NOT look at the number and assume thats what club its replacing.
if your looking for a 3i-3wood replacement look for a 17-19* hybrid. for a 3i replacement look at 20-23*.

My Name is Nate

Yah Shoor Yoo Betcha
Jan 29, 2007
Can't really say enough good things about the adams idea pro. my local shop had them on sale for 149, so you should be able to find at least that good of a deal if you shop around.

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
don't like the bay or something? For grips, the DD2's from Golf Pride look really sweet

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
As far as grips go, you can not go wrong with the GP Decades. They are a fine grip.

I have just recently purchased some Lamkin Dual Desnity Torsion Control grips to try out on my Viper Tour irons and to regrip my hybrids and wedges. I love the feel of the new Lamkins as they provide a lot of grip without the use of the cords. I am a bit concearned that they may wear fast as they feel quite soft, but there is a tour version available that is a bit firmer that I will likely try next if these grips wear out fast (would have bought the tour grip but they have been out of stock for the last few weeks at the local GS.) The Lamkins achieve their grip via a series of mico grooves in the grip and (at least on the demo model) seem to provide a better grip that the Decades.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Do you have any idea what I could build you for those prices?

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
Do you have any idea what I could build you for those prices?

Some friends?..no..srsly..:(

haha..j/k..I have friends..:shocked:

Like what?.

--------------------------------------------------
Well I have $1,500 CDN and I want to buy alll NEW stuff. I don't want used. They don't have that new club smell, or shine.

Guess I diden't say I knew I was going to get blue multi compounds as soon as golf central does the re grip event thing durring march break.

$250 CDN dosen't seem like a lot for a new Tour driver to me.:eek:

I dont know.

If I can demo clubs when I go to golf Central on my list is:

Hibore
SQ tour
Nickent 3DX and or 3DX DC.
SQ 3 wood if I like the SQ driver.

ugh..just burnt my tongue on Tim Hortons Hot Chocolate..Dosen't have much taste..and on top of that..diden't win anything on the 'roll up the rim'..:horse:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.