• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sort of an Ace?

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I know this doesn't count, but last Monday when I went to play a new course I experienced something like a hole in one.

I was warming up at the range which has fake greens at 100, 150 & 200 yds.
On my 5th or 6th shot I hit a wedge that landed on the 100 yd. fake green took 2 hops and then dropped into the fake hole.

Even though it wasn't a real ace, I still got a little excited watching it drop. I never thought much about it before, but now I want one. :)

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
DaveE said:
I know this doesn't count, but last Monday when I went to play a new course I experienced something like a hole in one.

I was warming up at the range which has fake greens at 100, 150 & 200 yds.
On my 5th or 6th shot I hit a wedge that landed on the 100 yd. fake green took 2 hops and then dropped into the fake hole.

Even though it wasn't a real ace, I still got a little excited watching it drop. I never thought much about it before, but now I want one. :)

Dave
I'll bet any money that you sneaked a look around you to see if anyone was watching, right? And then you probably acted icy cool, like you always do that sort of thing.

Anyway it sounds good enough for you to buy us all a drink. Mine's a Bushmills!

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Something similiar happened to me when I worked at the local pithc and putt. I was hitting a shag-bag of balls that thsi medium lenth hole (40-60 yrds at that course) About 5-10 balls in a sunk one. I would have been my 2nd ace but I relaly dont count it since I was hitting a ton of balls at it, One had to go in eventually, it's the law of averages. About a weel later I got an ace on the 1st hole at that course.:D

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
IrishGolfer said:
Dave
I'll bet any money that you sneaked a look around you to see if anyone was watching, right? And then you probably acted icy cool, like you always do that sort of thing.

Anyway it sounds good enough for you to buy us all a drink. Mine's a Bushmills!

It would have been nice for someone else to see it but there was only one other guy there and I doubt he was watching.

I'll send that drink right over. ;) You can have it with your turkey.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
DaveE said:
It would have been nice for someone else to see it but there was only one other guy there and I doubt he was watching.

I'll send that drink right over. ;) You can have it with your turkey.

When IG gets this turkey it will porabaly be the most talked about turkey ever lol..

IG when we play Bangor if the tiger tees are back in we will be going form the very back.

Some holes you can just about make a swing. Do you play junior cup IG?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The master said:
When IG gets this turkey it will porabaly be the most talked about turkey ever lol..

You mean it isn't as of right now? :D

R35

🔥 Latest posts